British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   wanted in oz (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/wanted-oz-424975/)

sheli0508 Feb 8th 2007 11:36 am

wanted in oz

We are hoping to be over in Queensland by Aug/Sept this year and are looking to bring over 20ft container full of our houshold belongings (far too many childrens toys and a couple of bits of furniture)

For those of you that are already over in OZ is there anything you wish you had brought, or anything you want over there but have had difficulties getting hold of.

cheers,

shelley:)

Wendy Feb 8th 2007 11:44 am

Re: wanted in oz

Originally Posted by sheli0508 (Post 4377876)
We are hoping to be over in Queensland by Aug/Sept this year and are looking to bring over 20ft container full of our houshold belongings (far too many childrens toys and a couple of bits of furniture)

For those of you that are already over in OZ is there anything you wish you had brought, or anything you want over there but have had difficulties getting hold of.

cheers,

I brought nothing and miss nothing. ;)

Even the kids stuff went in the skip :D

Pollyana Feb 8th 2007 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by sheli0508 (Post 4377876)

cheers,

Depending on what your children are like, they may find the presence of familiar toys, furniture etc very reassuring - makes the place seem more like home.

The morris clan Feb 9th 2007 12:18 am

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 4377901)
I brought nothing and miss nothing. ;)

Even the kids stuff went in the skip :D

I'm pleased to hear this, as we are planning on emigrating with just a few personal items and nothing else :lol:

themerlin Feb 9th 2007 4:14 am

Fill the container with Thornton's Chocolate :o

Jacque Feb 9th 2007 11:22 am

And some snow :)

You're sure not going to see any in Qld!!

Seriously, though, be sure to pack enough items for the kids- I underpacked when we went to NZ with a 2 and a 3yr old and ended up having to buy toys and games to help keep them amused. They don't take up too much space and little ones really do get attached to particular ones. Ask them to pick 4-5 favourites before you decide.

sheli0508 Feb 12th 2007 10:35 am

I've managed to start parring down the toys - amazing what you can do with the lure of a new nintendo ds.

Aside from the kid's stuff is there anything you recommend we bring - things that are hard or expensive to get out there. If we've got the contaner we might as well fill it.....:thumbup:

wmoore Feb 12th 2007 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Jacque (Post 4381194)
And some snow :)

You're sure not going to see any in Qld!!

You do get some in the south-west and south-central in winter ;)