Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wanted: New career that's quick to qualify and pays good!

Wanted: New career that's quick to qualify and pays good!

Old Aug 12th 2003, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice
Exclamation Wanted: New career that's quick to qualify and pays good!

Any suggestions please?.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 1:24 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Wanted: New career that's quick to qualify and pays good!

Originally posted by 65 million
Any suggestions please?.
Omar's School for Beggars
Old Aug 12th 2003, 1:28 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Any suggestions please?.
There will be an opening for a village idiot in Perth as of next week. Dunno what the pay is like tho. Contact PB for training.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 1:30 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Any suggestions please?.
When PB comes home and leaves Wilf behind, he'll need a new arse licker!
Old Aug 12th 2003, 1:32 pm
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

Any suggestions please?.
A counsellor for expats who've made the stupid mistake of trying something new and different by moving to Oz.

Alternatively, there'll soon be a position open in the OB in Perth for someone with skills in cutting and pasting. Must be fluent in the language of Bullshit.

Seriously though, I'm also looking for a similar move
Old Aug 12th 2003, 1:35 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Seriously though, what would you not do for money?
Old Aug 12th 2003, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice

I'd steer clear of selling my body for money (wouldnt get much anyhow). Seriously though thinking of moving into website design, anyone know of salary expectations in this field?.:scared:

Last edited by 65 million; Aug 12th 2003 at 1:48 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

website designers are two a penny..everyone that wants one has one..

a close friend is a freelance and very good at database building and all that stuff..bearly earns keep (b.f keeps her actually)

an ex school mate is so pushed he builds them for free and hopes for upkeep money..

cheers

richard
Old Aug 12th 2003, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Richard,

Saves time wasting in that field. Anyone know of jobs thet pay well in Oz. I was speaking to a HGV driver in leicestershire recently and reckons that £55K is average for the drivers doing runs to europe.

Dont particularly want to become a lorry driver in oz, but something that will pay a respectable wage but wont take forever to qualify for?.

Old Aug 12th 2003, 3:52 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Thanks Richard,

Saves time wasting in that field. Anyone know of jobs thet pay well in Oz. I was speaking to a HGV driver in leicestershire recently and reckons that £55K is average for the drivers doing runs to europe.

Dont particularly want to become a lorry driver in oz, but something that will pay a respectable wage but wont take forever to qualify for?.

Not being funny, but are you qualified at anything at the mo ?
If not, how you getting to AUS?
Old Aug 13th 2003, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes, I'm a Graphic / Display designer. But looking to earn more than a measly AU$35k.

Old Aug 13th 2003, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Lawnmowing. $45 bucks an hour outlay $500 for a mower, brain required Zero.

Burbs type people mow twice a week in summer, get right off on their lawns. Mow, water mow water admire mow water. Becomes their life.

Summers coming fill the air with sounds of mowers.
Old Aug 13th 2003, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

Guillemot is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dotty

Burbs type people mow twice a week in summer, get right off on their lawns. Mow, water mow water admire mow water. Becomes their life.

...I know someone doing this in the UK - he makes more than he did doing 9 to 5!

Dont knock it....... :-)
Old Aug 13th 2003, 5:10 pm
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by dotty

Not very nice thing to say about the lawn mower chappies is it Dotty. Some of em can make some luverly stripey patterns on your lawn you know. We are talking years, yes years of training. Apology please.
Old Aug 13th 2003, 5:24 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Richard,

Hi

Hubby in new car sales, 8 months, he enjoys it. Fellow worker started at the same time, just gone back this last week to truck driving for 800 per week after tax take home (slightly better than when he left mates firm 8 mths ago).

With the information I have you cannot even get a decent paying job truck driving unless you know the people and have an in.

At 55K pounds - get one of those jobs there if you can. I was on 45K in Uk before I left in IT salaried, well less now!

At the same time I will state I am having fun, but do not come here for money! (not PB's sister ok!)

Cheers Sandra

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.