Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wanted Down Under starts again...

Wanted Down Under starts again...

Old Jan 2nd 2011, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

MUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really nice
Default Re: Wanted Down Under starts again...

I see they are in Melbourne on the first Wednesday, a first ??

But I'm sure it'sd the same old format.

Still it helps cheer us up in the January return to work.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MUST LEAVE UK
I see they are in Melbourne on the first Wednesday, a first ??

But I'm sure it'sd the same old format.

Still it helps cheer us up in the January return to work.
I'll also be in Melbourne on holiday on Wednesday, shame I won't be living there and will have to go back to WA
Watched the program a few times back in the UK, no help what so ever for moving out here. Suppose it'll be off to see a few houses no one can afford be offered a job that will still be open in 8 months when they get out here & do all the tourist stuff & some blurb about how you get a better life in Aus? I wonder if they'll come out...
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RedT
We leave on July 25th! We have a four night stopover in Singapore then it's on to our new lices in Sydney..can't wait!
Thanks for the heads up about Wanted Down Under - got it to record on series link! Provided our visa is granted we will also be moving to Sydney in the last week of July - exciting!!!
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 4:21 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome! And my husband is from Ayr! We'll have to meet for a pint on the other side

Tx
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Awesome! And my husband is from Ayr! We'll have to meet for a pint on the other side

Tx
An Ayrshire lad! It sure is a small world! Yeah we'll get a wee night out in Sydney town organised.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 3:57 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant! there's something to look forward to already!

So, what did everyone make of the first show? I couldn't believe they voted for Australia in the end, everything in the show was negative! His salary would be lower, they hated (and couldn't afford) the housing, they would be £900 a month in the red and all before they even took their daughters Uni costs into the bargain...yet they voted for Oz! Fair play to them if they manage to make it work...

Tx
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

So, what did everyone make of the first show? I couldn't believe they voted for Australia in the end, everything in the show was negative! His salary would be lower, they hated (and couldn't afford) the housing, they would be £900 a month in the red and all before they even took their daughters Uni costs into the bargain...yet they voted for Oz! Fair play to them if they manage to make it work...

Tx
Yeah I was really surprised that all 3 of them voted for Australia too! I certainly didn't expect that result. I would be interested to find out if they've actually done anything about making the move happen since filming. The husband didn't seem convinced that the finances would work - £900 in the red/month plus £11000/yr for uni fees - scary stuff! They did mention savings though - good luck to them! I didn't learn anything that I didn't already know from research but the job part was interesting as my partner is also a town planner.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 6:30 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

Tx
Originally Posted by Mazza12
Yeah I was really surprised that all 3 of them voted for Australia too! I certainly didn't expect that result. I would be interested to find out if they've actually done anything about making the move happen since filming. The husband didn't seem convinced that the finances would work - £900 in the red/month plus £11000/yr for uni fees - scary stuff! They did mention savings though - good luck to them! I didn't learn anything that I didn't already know from research but the job part was interesting as my partner is also a town planner.
I wasn't surprised ...lol! OH said, they won't go for it, but just knew they would vote that way! Whether they go and whether they stop is another question! Ems x
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 7:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mazza12

Yeah yeah yeah, but they will have sun and barbeques silly,

I can remember the last time this show was on in the UK, one episode was on Darwin, now there is an extreme place your either gonna love it or hate it . After that episode there were a flurry of posts going "whats Darwin like". Bit like Karratha, shopping and the coffee scene info please

I always crack up at those shows, we have rellies out here from UK at the mo, thankfully just for hols, after 5 weeks they stilll cant belive the cost of everything and as for the weather, it appears, 40C temps, radiation to burn your skin off, entire states under floodwater were not quite the perfect climate they imagined.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 8:04 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Yeah yeah yeah, but they will have sun and barbeques silly,

I can remember the last time this show was on in the UK, one episode was on Darwin, now there is an extreme place your either gonna love it or hate it . After that episode there were a flurry of posts going "whats Darwin like". Bit like Karratha, shopping and the coffee scene info please

I always crack up at those shows, we have rellies out here from UK at the mo, thankfully just for hols, after 5 weeks they stilll cant belive the cost of everything and as for the weather, it appears, 40C temps, radiation to burn your skin off, entire states under floodwater were not quite the perfect climate they imagined.
LOL!!! We did out 'wanted down under' in August - however we went without any glasses on and PAID for it ourselves....no we not gonna be on the telly! But yes we did decide no matter what, it is where we want to be!! Ems x
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Davesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to all

Why don't they tell you the house prices in dollars!! When was it filmed? - please let us do the maths, at the exchange rate as it is when it goes to air , because at the moment those prices in dollars aint gonna seem very attractive!
Old Jan 4th 2011, 7:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Davesax
Why don't they tell you the house prices in dollars!! When was it filmed? - please let us do the maths, at the exchange rate as it is when it goes to air , because at the moment those prices in dollars aint gonna seem very attractive!
Because that would start making the show factual.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypenny20

WHAT! you mean it's not real!!!
Old Jan 5th 2011, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

MUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really nice

anyone see the Melbourne show today.

Wow they actually started giving the dollar rate for the houses, must have been looking on here.

Anyone know what beach the mum and boys went to for a swin / chat. looked far south ???
Old Jan 5th 2011, 7:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
And they always choose the detritus of society. Actually that's an insult to the detritus of society - they always go for the average Joe who is as ill-equipped for life as I am to drive to the moon.

(No surprise there then).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.