Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wanted Down Under - Series 6

Wanted Down Under - Series 6

Old Jan 3rd 2012, 1:57 pm
Planning for the future

Emma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Wanted Down Under - Series 6

Originally Posted by parlex
Episode 2 - Hoe family

Very nice, down to earth family. Really enjoyed this episode!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode..._6_Hoe_Family/
It says that it is broadcasting tonight but can't find it on my sky plus, however can find the other episodes (so recording them) am i being thick?????

and the answer is YES as I assumed it was a pm programme however it is an AM programme ..... That's what you get for assuming :S
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

It started yesterday at 9.15 am on BBC1. Its on every week day for the next 4 weeks I believe.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nice

It seems to be mostly Perth and Queensland episodes from what I've managed to read in the tv guide.......Hopefully that changes in the last couple of weeks of the show.

And I can't stand this 'guess the price' thing they're doing now. Why can't they just show them houses that they can actually afford?? I much preferred the older shows where the families could choose the lifestyle option and job etc. And i wish they'd show more families that want to rent like we will be doing.

Last edited by suzyambrose; Jan 4th 2012 at 12:57 pm.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Boobops is just really niceBoobops is just really niceBoobops is just really niceBoobops is just really niceBoobops is just really niceBoobops is just really niceBoobops is just really niceBoobops is just really nice

Originally Posted by richie penn
ha ha , i loved it, she was an inexperienced hairdresser who was told to maybe get more experience and was waffling about her husband not being skilled enough!
She was working as she said she was renting a chair, self employed. Well that's the impression I got.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Boobops is just really niceBoobops is just really niceBoobops is just really niceBoobops is just really niceBoobops is just really niceBoobops is just really niceBoobops is just really niceBoobops is just really nice

Originally Posted by richie penn
i agree polyana, i find these programs very poor in content thus question why they even bother?
I find them cringeworthy.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

parlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really nice

Originally Posted by Boobops
She was working as she said she was renting a chair, self employed. Well that's the impression I got.
That was in episode 2.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by parlex
That was in episode 2.
Oh ok must have missed episode 1. Are they all hairdressers!
Old Jan 5th 2012, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Boobops
Oh ok must have missed episode 1. Are they all hairdressers!
...it seems so and is also where the money is.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 8:59 am
Just Joined

ronniemcinnes will become famous soon enough

It always seems to me when watching this programme, when it comes to houses, the people have homes worth £150k+. But coupled with this, it never seems to be mentioned as to how much they would have left over once the mortgage was paid off if they sold up. Or are all those people on it mortgage free? Or am I looking at it the wrong way?
If I were to sell up just now I would have a grand sum of £30k to help kickstart my new life, which by all accounts would not get me & my family far. Only thing that would help me is I would have rent free accomodation by staying with relatives, but would need our own place asap!
Old Jan 5th 2012, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Episode 4...

BOOM!! Reality check.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Quality TV! ...

Just watched ep2 as it's the Goldie, will watch ep1 tomorrow and whatever else is available.

I give that pair a year if they ever get here.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 12:39 pm
Planning for the future

Emma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Episode 4...

BOOM!! Reality check.
ooooo intrigued, only saw the beginning and had to go out, will watch on iplayer later
Old Jan 5th 2012, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

MABHULL is an unknown quantity at this point

have watched the one with the hair dresser with one chair and hubby. i could not understand how they manage to have 2k left over each month.hopeful thinking !. would like to move out to australia making enquires at the moment but finding it difficult, must learn to be patient as my mum says.
will watch a gew more episodes and await info i am collecting and then make mind up. , any advice from anyone appreciated thanks and happy new year everyone.
mark
Old Jan 5th 2012, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nice

I felt sorry for the guy today, gotta say.

I think if we did the show and it was reality check time we wouldn't make the move, but a lot of people do go knowing financially they'll be worse off. I know we will be for a while, hopefully not forever though.

Last edited by suzyambrose; Jan 5th 2012 at 5:03 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzyambrose
I felt sorry for the guy today, gotta say.

I think if we did the show and it was reality check time we wouldn't make the move, but a lot of people do go knowing financially they'll be worse off. I know we will be for a while, hopefully not forever though.
I didn't feel that sorry for the guy.

I recognise a lot of what was going on his head, because the way he felt about Oz, I felt about moving back to the UK. We tried it 2006 and it didn't work because my wife couldn't settle so we went back to Oz. Once she's finished her degree the time was right to try again here, been in the UK two years now. If her current contract doesn't get extended we'll probably head back to Oz in mid 2012. I don't want this as I like living here, but here's the thing..

you don't marry a country, you marry the one you love and want them to be happy. Now that doesn't mean you do absolutely everything against your will, but if you have responsibilities, especially kids you have to do what is best overal.

To me this guy seemed more interested in thrusting ahead with his plan that he threw logic and reasoning out of the window. They've lost money on their house and that makes him more determined to move? I'd be more interested in keeping some family stability in difficult times.

On the flip side, she seemed to be heavy loaded toward staying in the UK from the off, but did seem to be more objective as the program went on.

There seemed to be a bit of a lack of maturity about thir decision making process IMO.

I'll be pretty heartbroken if we return to Oz, as it's the last place I want to live, but if we do, we do and I won't throw my toys out of the pram. What I'll do is look into Mrs TB's eyes and see her happy

Then I'll go out and get loaded

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.