Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wanted Down Under 2010

Wanted Down Under 2010

Old Jan 26th 2010, 7:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanted Down Under 2010

Originally Posted by Lyx
I'm always too busy trying to see if she's super-imposed onto the beach background. I think that everything has been filmed in a studio and on the same day. She's been given 10 different outfits and 30 different phrases and lost the will to live after a couple of hours!

Yep and she doesn't look directly into the camera a lot of the time. She must be reading off cue cards, although you think she'd have memorized it all by now.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Yep and she doesn't look directly into the camera a lot of the time. She must be reading off cue cards, although you think she'd have memorized it all by now.
I think she does all the recordings in one go. It is really pointless, I am amazed nobody realised at the time of filiming that it was a bit repetitive.

"but what about the third option"

Aaaaarggghhhh! My husband and I know what she is going to say each and every time the picture goes to her.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 8:33 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lyx
I'm always too busy trying to see if she's super-imposed onto the beach background. I think that everything has been filmed in a studio and on the same day. She's been given 10 different outfits and 30 different phrases and lost the will to live after a couple of hours!
More like 5 outfits and 4 phrases:

Well, that all looks very inviting

So, very different to their life back in the UK

Oh dear, will this throw the whole move in jeopardy

This house is slightly (ie 140k) over budget but something for the family to aspire to...

...all said as if we've been hitting the valium a little too hard.

And that's it! I forward all of her bits now, get straight to the houses and jobs, skip to the final vote and then that's it. So each episode is about 15 mins max, perfect!
Old Jan 26th 2010, 8:56 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedT
More like 5 outfits and 4 phrases:

Well, that all looks very inviting

So, very different to their life back in the UK

Oh dear, will this throw the whole move in jeopardy

This house is slightly (ie 140k) over budget but something for the family to aspire to...

...all said as if we've been hitting the valium a little too hard.

And that's it! I forward all of her bits now, get straight to the houses and jobs, skip to the final vote and then that's it. So each episode is about 15 mins max, perfect!
You've all had far too much time off work to watch this me thinks! LOL Looking forward to seeing our fellow BE'er today though, I'm getting to watch it in real time today too as I'm unemployed as of Friday and Australia bound in 6 sleeps!
Old Jan 26th 2010, 9:51 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Love the way they get the family to agree to moving then they show them the family, please dont go heartbreak video. Thats just plain cruel man!
Old Jan 26th 2010, 9:56 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
You've all had far too much time off work to watch this me thinks! LOL Looking forward to seeing our fellow BE'er today though, I'm getting to watch it in real time today too as I'm unemployed as of Friday and Australia bound in 6 sleeps!
I wish! I Sky+ them and watch them the following morning getting ready for work I sed to watch them in the evening but the OH now refuses to watch, makes him want to punch the TV and Nicky Chapman haha!

Ooh, how exciting to be going in 6 sleeps, we're now planning to be going in 540 sleeps, i'm sure it'll pass in no time...

Tx
Old Jan 26th 2010, 10:04 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol

I'm sorry but Louise is far too small with not an ounce of fat on her, thats not right, 3 kids she should have the tuck in tummy fat going on at least?

It is hard when your hubby really wants to go - I hope she likes it, if it makes her feel better I have 4 kids, a dodgy heart and have to manage all 4 kids while my husband works shift and we have family within walking and short driving distance who do absolutely sod all !!!
It's do-able upsetting sometimes but do-able.

I want to know how they got they're little girl to crash out on the sofa like that?

Nice family, why aren't they going to Melbourne though then they would have family close by to help ? If it'd make a difference?

Bless her I wouldn't want to share my home with my inlaws but then again it would be blood shed if it was my inlaws lol
Old Jan 26th 2010, 11:05 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

I wish! I Sky+ them and watch them the following morning getting ready for work I sed to watch them in the evening but the OH now refuses to watch, makes him want to punch the TV and Nicky Chapman haha!

Ooh, how exciting to be going in 6 sleeps, we're now planning to be going in 540 sleeps, i'm sure it'll pass in no time...

Tx
It'll fly by lol
Old Jan 26th 2010, 11:29 am
not sure...

It'll fly by lol
LOL! We've found that copious amounts of alcohol helps

plus my brother and his family are coming over in April for 6 weeks (from Oz), then it's baseball season, before we know it it'll be Christmas () then only 6 months to go after that. Wish my life away? Me??
Old Jan 26th 2010, 11:42 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

makes him want to punch the TV and Nicky Chapman haha!
I'd give Nicky Chapman a punch.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 3:46 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

LOL! We've found that copious amounts of alcohol helps

plus my brother and his family are coming over in April for 6 weeks (from Oz), then it's baseball season, before we know it it'll be Christmas () then only 6 months to go after that. Wish my life away? Me??
Ack it'll be grand, I can't wait to go now, I'm sick of doing DIY around the house getting it ready for the tenants, roll on our stopover in Singapore, I'm exhausted lol
Old Jan 26th 2010, 5:20 pm
Jenny

Location: Bradford, but moving to Busselton WA in Sept 2010 (yay!!!!)
morrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant future

That's so exciting, hope it all goes really well. You must have been counting down the days since October!! x
Old Jan 26th 2010, 7:07 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

>snip< before we know it it'll be Christmas () then only 6 months to go after that. Wish my life away? Me??
Sounds like you're thinking of heading the same time as us - May/June 2011???

We can count the days together
Old Jan 26th 2010, 7:44 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by morrisj3
That's so exciting, hope it all goes really well. You must have been counting down the days since October!! x
Yup, I love countdowns me lolololol
Old Jan 26th 2010, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all

Louise says thank you JenJen. They got her age wrong (31 not 28) although I would say she does look 28! We are a little surprised that they focussed so much on my parents coming with us as it was only a small thought and very unlikely to happen. Thankfully it's been and gone now and I'll jut wait for the piss take tomorrow from both the kids and staff!!

Looking forward now to the Revisited, I think in a week or so

Alan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.