Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wanted Down Under 2010

Wanted Down Under 2010

Old Jan 23rd 2010, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all
Default Re: Wanted Down Under 2010

I found Phil's show much more entertaining than the WDU but it is limited i what is offers you ie based almost entirely on houses which is the purpose of the show!! I think the WDU programme offers a little more variation and must be more relevant for anyone thinking about making the move.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 2:10 pm
Jenny

Location: Bradford, but moving to Busselton WA in Sept 2010 (yay!!!!)
morrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant future

I'd really like a series where each programme focuses indepth on one particular aspect of aussie life - eg: one week how the medical system works, the next week what rules and regulations currently apply to renovating a house there etc etc.

This would be much more use than really repetitive programmes that just give a very superficial overview of the same things time after time......
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 2:16 pm
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulry
That all looks very inviting...

Yeah

3 very different options, but all of them life changing......
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all

Definitely agree with that. How about a programme based on employers in Ozz offering work to us Poms so that we all have jobs before we move over
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 5:27 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louise

Yeah

...lets have a look at option three:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB-bJWsIG_o&NR=1

Old Jan 23rd 2010, 6:11 pm
Ozbound

Ista will become famous soon enoughIsta will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by louise

Yeah

Lol. I have now started recording the show just so I can forward the bits with that woman in it coz she's driving me nuts. Have you noticed that she says EXACTLY the same thing during the 'options' bit? Between 1-2: "So, very different from their life in the UK. But what about the second option?", between 2-3: "That all looks very inviting. But what about the third option?". Argh!! Is it not possible for Nikki to change it about a bit?! Ridiculous!
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

hazeybabes is an unknown quantity at this point

I really wish they used a different setup apart from young families all the time. I wrote to the BBC to tell them that they should do one on a single female who lives with her parents and was planning on moving over on her own. I never got a reply! Oh well, I'll maybe try Phil next time....... he is much easier on the eye as well!
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hazeybabes
I really wish they used a different setup apart from young families all the time. I wrote to the BBC to tell them that they should do one on a single female who lives with her parents and was planning on moving over on her own. I never got a reply! Oh well, I'll maybe try Phil next time....... he is much easier on the eye as well!
Right behind you Hazey. Professional couples are also overlooked. Perhaps it is because it is shown at 10am every day.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 6:40 pm
CEM
BE Enthusiast

CEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ista
Lol. I have now started recording the show just so I can forward the bits with that woman in it coz she's driving me nuts. Have you noticed that she says EXACTLY the same thing during the 'options' bit? Between 1-2: "So, very different from their life in the UK. But what about the second option?", between 2-3: "That all looks very inviting. But what about the third option?". Argh!! Is it not possible for Nikki to change it about a bit?! Ridiculous!

OOh, that could put the whole move in jeopardy.....
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 9:36 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

So if you live in OZ the only way to watch BBC iplayer is to use one of those hide your ip address programs, which is the best free one, is it against any rules to hide your IP address or is it allowed? l guess your Internet service provider gives you your IP address would they mind if you used one of those hiding programs, if so l'd rather not use it,
Old Jan 24th 2010, 3:52 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ista
I've never known a programme to be so repetitive with it's statements. 'Will still watch it though

The destinations have been very repetitive this time around too. It's like as if they're getting guidance along the lines. "Don't promote Melbourne - it's full, send them to Darwin - we need people there" .
Old Jan 24th 2010, 8:28 am
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Originally Posted by paulry
"Don't promote Melbourne - it's full, send them to Darwin - we need people there" .
LOL . I had wondered about that!!!!
I hate it but still watch. OH now refuses unless its Brisbane. Maybe it's one of my guilty pleasures. (sad eh!)
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

Hi

In series 1 dependant on your Visa type you told them the cities you would like to go to and then they made the choice. As for option 1, 2 or 3 you were told which option to pick. This depended really on wether the potential employer was good on camera and didn't mind being interupted for half a day, also if it fitted with the filming schedule. This is why many of the city, country beach houses are not in any of those area's when us in OZ watch it

J
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

TessD is just really niceTessD is just really niceTessD is just really niceTessD is just really niceTessD is just really niceTessD is just really niceTessD is just really niceTessD is just really nice
Post Re: Wanted Down Under 2010

Hi

The new series of WDU Revisited starts on Feb 1 at 10.00. Hope they will be a bit more interesting than the current series (can't help watching though!)

T
Old Jan 25th 2010, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TessD
Hi

The new series of WDU Revisited starts on Feb 1 at 10.00. Hope they will be a bit more interesting than the current series (can't help watching though!)

T

Roll on February. Let's hope they are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.