Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wanted Down Under 2010

Wanted Down Under 2010

Old Jun 9th 2009, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Kirby Reynolds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wanted Down Under

I bet you cry your eyes out when they do the family vids! Everybody crys for that. Great program though! Good Luck
Old Jun 9th 2009, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

the_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nice

Sports...

They are coming to test you on camera hun and it will be only for the morning. If you pass that you are in for the series. Well done hun. The 2 day filming part comes a day before going out and the day after coming back.

Good luck hun, we want to know all about it.

Jo x
Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all

Cheers Nan and the rest of you who have helped.
It's not just a hair cut but she is wanting the whole bloody house painted and decorated. No chance of that though because she will likely want it done again if we are successful - wont want everyone to see what we have etc !!

We decided to keep everything a secret so I have just shared it with one or two of you although I'll probably feel a right tit if we are not successful!!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

Hi There

And be prepared for the coments you'll get on here...............
Can def vouch for the above, BE posters can be quite vicious even if they don't know you and yes the editing can be different to what you think. Best of luck we really enjoyed our time doing WDU and we are great freinds with our sound guy and baby sitter we met whilst filming. We are now living in Aus and love most of it, although in a completely different part to where we went with WDU.

Good Luck

J
Old Jun 12th 2009, 2:55 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I think the title of the show is now a little inaccurate.

Originally Posted by sportsendurance
Just wondering how many of you have applied for the next series of WDU. I entered a few months ago for a bit of fun and thought it was a wind up when I received a phone call and told that my application had gone through to the next round - Shitttttt. I know it's still early days but I still think it's quite funny and hope it works out (very doubtful!).

Anybody on BE and been through the system and would like to tell their story?? I would be interested to hear from you. humbsup:
Old Jun 12th 2009, 6:46 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussiedreamer
Hi There

And be prepared for the coments you'll get on here...............
Can def vouch for the above, BE posters can be quite vicious even if they don't know you and yes the editing can be different to what you think. Best of luck we really enjoyed our time doing WDU and we are great freinds with our sound guy and baby sitter we met whilst filming. We are now living in Aus and love most of it, although in a completely different part to where we went with WDU.

Good Luck

J
I think people can be cruel and that s the pool of applicants we have from BE, however I think some comments just steel peoples resolve.

Besides you can consider bad posts like the paprazzi
Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

CalNgary which couple were you. I do recall a Gary in one of the shows but I believe he was in Perth or Sydney?

Just typical of a woman! My wife wants the house painted from top to bottom, garden changed, Living room decorated and garage tidied - and the chances are we won't get picked. However, I am surprised that nobody else appears to be in a similar position that contributes to BE ....
we did the pilot episode Brisbane if you listen to my mum or wife i would be the scruffy one with no dress code, my wife was last seen runing from the rain forest with a leach climbing up her shoe, we had a great time & it gave us a head start when we made the move, i would suggest to any familys who do the show ask for the flight back a few days after filming give youself a chance to have a look round. good luck
Old Jun 12th 2009, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

Hi CALNgARY

I can remember that scene must admit we laughed but no more than people laughed at me!!!!
We came over two weeks prior to the filming and left two weeks later. Definately gave us the heads up, you are able to get a lot done when your focussed on finding decent housing, schools jobs. Go out of your comfort zone and definately visit more remote area's so you know what they're like, and if you could live there.

Great to see you've made the move, are you doing a revisited?

Hi Zambia Must admit avoided BE for a while but hey when you sit there watching with your mates and can't help rolling the floor in histerics then you know they know who you are and other people just see the edited version, now have a much tougher skin and would do it all again.

J

Last edited by aussiedreamer; Jun 12th 2009 at 9:38 am.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 9:51 am
=]

Robw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really nice

Originally Posted by aussiedreamer
Hi CALNgARY

I can remember that scene must admit we laughed but no more than people laughed at me!!!!
We came over two weeks prior to the filming and left two weeks later. Definately gave us the heads up, you are able to get a lot done when your focussed on finding decent housing, schools jobs. Go out of your comfort zone and definately visit more remote area's so you know what they're like, and if you could live there.

Great to see you've made the move, are you doing a revisited?

Hi Zambia Must admit avoided BE for a while but hey when you sit there watching with your mates and can't help rolling the floor in histerics then you know they know who you are and other people just see the edited version, now have a much tougher skin and would do it all again.

J
Hi, can my Dad apply for the show with an interest in an Business Owner Visa?
Old Jun 12th 2009, 9:43 pm
=]

Robw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Robw4
Hi, can my Dad apply for the show with an interest in an Business Owner Visa?
^
Old Jun 13th 2009, 5:12 pm
moe
Just Joined

moe is an unknown quantity at this point

where did u find the link for applications?

cheers moe
Old Jun 14th 2009, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all

Hi Moe, I found the link on the BE site advertised earlier this year – thanks to whoever it was (can’t remember). Try a search on the BBC WDU website.

Calngary – Yes I remember your episode and thought it was very humorous. Great to see your doing well. If the timing of us going is good (and if we are selected of course) we will hope to stay a while as I think a week is not suffice and too tiring.

Zambia – I can take having the piss taken out of me so long as it’s not against my family, esp my children where I’ll have to just track-em down!!
People are entitled to whatever they want to say although it sums them up when they are slagging someone off on a show such as WDU, especially when things might have had a very different meaning.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:39 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: Wanted Down Under

If you have no intenion of ever immigrating to OZ and are just after a free holiday then its dead certain will pick you for the show.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Well we had the interview at home this morning by Naz and Phil - 2 good blokes who certainly make you feel relaxed. Not sure how well the interview went but my daughters were a complete pain as soon as they started recording, ie constantly wanting attention and asking for food / drinks etc etc. My eldest daughter (aged 4) actually farted and thankfully she admitted it as she was sitting next to me!! Naz and Phil were completely honest about everything which was great.

I think we have a few angles or stories thay liked and they dug a little deeper with their questions. We should find out whether we are successful in the next 2 weeks.

To answer some, I am 90% certain of wanting to go and my wife is 50 / 50. Even without the programme we are 90% certain of giving it a go.
Thanks to all
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:41 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Well we had the interview at home this morning by Naz and Phil - 2 good blokes who certainly make you feel relaxed. Not sure how well the interview went but my daughters were a complete pain as soon as they started recording, ie constantly wanting attention and asking for food / drinks etc etc. My eldest daughter (aged 4) actually farted and thankfully she admitted it as she was sitting next to me!! Naz and Phil were completely honest about everything which was great.

I think we have a few angles or stories thay liked and they dug a little deeper with their questions. We should find out whether we are successful in the next 2 weeks.

To answer some, I am 90% certain of wanting to go and my wife is 50 / 50. Even without the programme we are 90% certain of giving it a go.
Thanks to all
OMG @ UR DAUGHTER!!! I have been a Primary School Teacher for the past 9 years, and dear crikey they let you down @ the most inappropriate moments eh! I had one child fart in my classroom, and she laughed so hard she pi55ed herself, worse still, she was sitting on the carpet @ the time, imagine the phonecall I'd to make to her mum to come get her, quite a posh family too lol!!!! Luckily I was the only one to witness this and the rest of the children in the room were sworn to secrecy or the poor child would be ridiculed by the whole school!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.