Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

wanted a boxer pup with docked tail

wanted a boxer pup with docked tail

Old May 5th 2008, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of
Default wanted a boxer pup with docked tail

Hi All
Have moved to Queensland and am desperate for a red/white boxer pup with a docked tail i know it is now illegal for this to be done in Oz but if any one on here breeds boxers or has ones from the uk and breeds do you have any pups we really long to have our own boxer again if so preferably a male. thanks in advance.
Old May 5th 2008, 1:17 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wanted a boxer pup with docked tail

Originally Posted by ireland
Hi All
Have moved to Queensland and am desperate for a red/white boxer pup with a docked tail i know it is now illegal for this to be done in Oz but if any one on here breeds boxers or has ones from the uk and breeds do you have any pups we really long to have our own boxer again if so preferably a male. thanks in advance.

Are they likely to be bred with docked tails then?

S
Old May 5th 2008, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

No they dont breed them with docked tails but you can sometimes get them with bobtails, shorter tails and some breeders in Oz do this but it is not illegal for boxers to have docked tails in new zealand so i have posted on both sites in the hope of getting a docked tail boxer pup
Old May 5th 2008, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all

No they dont breed them with docked tails but you can sometimes get them with bobtails, shorter tails and some breeders in Oz do this but it is not illegal for boxers to have docked tails in new zealand so i have posted on both sites in the hope of getting a docked tail boxer pup
im not 100% but its not illegal in western aus to dock the tail. i had a boxer in the uk few years ago
Old May 5th 2008, 6:34 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Being a boxer lover and having had to leave ours in the UK, we keep a close eye out for boxers here. Have seen a few with docked tails - didn't think it was illegal to dock them here??? They can't all be Kiwi or UK imports??!!
Old May 5th 2008, 6:41 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All
Why don't you want the dog to have a tail???, after all it was born with it...and as an animal lover I would not want my dog to suffer the pain of having it's tail chopped off
Old May 5th 2008, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by rabc0077
Why don't you want the dog to have a tail???, after all it was born with it...and as an animal lover I would not want my dog to suffer the pain of having it's tail chopped off
Boxers (so I am to believe) have there tails 'docked' (apparently it is a painless procedure done very soon after birth) to stem any future medical problems.

You see, the fact is, they have very 'waggly' tails and due to the way in which the tail grows, very firm and ridgid - it is viewed as 'kinder' to get rid and alleviate the dog of any suffering that may occur later down the line.

Also, you must remember, Boxers are not a 'natural' breed, they were 'made' to look the way they do. Unfortunately, someone forgot about the problem with their tails somewhere along the way!
Old May 5th 2008, 7:05 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Boxers (so I am to believe) have there tails 'docked' (apparently it is a painless procedure done very soon after birth) to stem any future medical problems.

You see, the fact is, they have very 'waggly' tails and due to the way in which the tail grows, very firm and ridgid - it is viewed as 'kinder' to get rid and alleviate the dog of any suffering that may occur later down the line.

Also, you must remember, Boxers are not a 'natural' breed, they were 'made' to look the way they do. Unfortunately, someone forgot about the problem with their tails somewhere along the way!
Oh I see, just thought it seemed a tad cruel to stop a dog from being able to express it's joy by wagging it's tail..
Old May 5th 2008, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by rabc0077
Oh I see, just thought it seemed a tad cruel to stop a dog from being able to express it's joy by wagging it's tail..
Oh they still wag their tail, believe me!! Trouble is, because they don't have one it's usually the bum that wobbles instead - very amusing as they nearly fall over from wagging/ wobbling too much!!
Old May 5th 2008, 7:11 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Oh they still wag their tail, believe me!! Trouble is, because they don't have one it's usually the bum that wobbles instead - very amusing as they nearly fall over from wagging/ wobbling too much!!
Ah bless, I have the same trouble, it's the hips ya know
Old May 5th 2008, 7:18 pm
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all

We have one of the first lot of dogs to come through in the UK where docking is illegal... Ok so he is a Toy poodle and he is now 11 months old but I ahve on many occassion wished he had been docked... including when i slammed his tail in the washing machine door as he ducked under and walked past. I have never heard a dog scream so loud for what seemed like hours. had he been docked it wouldn't have reached the washing machine door argh!
Old May 5th 2008, 8:56 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by Blossom
We have one of the first lot of dogs to come through in the UK where docking is illegal... Ok so he is a Toy poodle and he is now 11 months old but I ahve on many occassion wished he had been docked... including when i slammed his tail in the washing machine door as he ducked under and walked past. I have never heard a dog scream so loud for what seemed like hours. had he been docked it wouldn't have reached the washing machine door argh!
mind you, I've a Bishon and i've been known to stand on her tail a few times
Old May 5th 2008, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

Having been a Vet nurse and held baby puppies while they had their tails docked, I can tell you it's not painless to have your tail cut off and cauterised. A lot of vets hate doing it, and view it as a cosmetic procedure. In NZ, the vet I worked for did docking but made the owners come and watch!

I suspect there must be a boxer breeding association who could give you more answers, but why not try a boxer with a tail, and if the tail causes problems further down the track (though I've not heard of this) it could be removed if necessary under anaesthetic.
Old May 5th 2008, 9:25 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by kiwinow
Having been a Vet nurse and held baby puppies while they had their tails docked, I can tell you it's not painless to have your tail cut off and cauterised. A lot of vets hate doing it, and view it as a cosmetic procedure. In NZ, the vet I worked for did docking but made the owners come and watch!

I suspect there must be a boxer breeding association who could give you more answers, but why not try a boxer with a tail, and if the tail causes problems further down the track (though I've not heard of this) it could be removed if necessary under anaesthetic.
I totally agree, but I also thought it was ALWAYS done under anaesthetic having never owned a dog that had it's tail docked, I was sure this was the humane thing to do...
Old May 5th 2008, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

I know quite a few blokes who have "tails" that are more trouble than they are worth. Imagine the outcry if we suggested that we snip them off????

Sorry, but just cannot for the life of me understand why anybody would put an animal through this. If you don't like the look of a certain breed with a tail, don't bloody buy one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.