Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wanted: apartment/house in Sydney for Jan/Feb onwards

Wanted: apartment/house in Sydney for Jan/Feb onwards

Old Jan 7th 2004, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

piers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant future
Default Wanted: apartment/house in Sydney for Jan/Feb onwards

G'day people,

Bit of a stab in the dark but we arrive in Sydney next week and are after a min of 1 bed apartment/house in a conveniant location for my wife who will be teaching in Darlinghurst.

Anyone out there who has a place to let by any chance?

Preferably looking for somewhere furnished.

Have contacted some agencies who claim to be very professional businesses but who can barely string a sentence together when replying. Then they have the cheek to be charging the likes of us 700-1200/wk for exec apartments.

Probably will end up dealing with these agencies and private ads when we get there, but just thought I'd see if anyone knew of decent places going?

Are there any agencies dealing specifically for migrants in settling down etc?

Thanks,

Piers
Old Jan 7th 2004, 9:29 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I cannot help you but for Darlinghurst I suggest Paddington, Bondi Junction, Bondi Beach or Bronte for easy access by bus. Bronte is the nicest but has limited decent rental units.

www.131500.com.au for public transport.
Old Jan 8th 2004, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

piers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant future

thanks for that.

The areas that I have been looking at are the ones you mentioned and there seems to have been quite a drop in rental prices since I started looking 2 months ago. Guess that's cos of the increasing interest rates…better deals for us renters.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Question

anyone know of furnished rental places? We get to Sydney on Sunday and want to have a short term rental place for a few weeks before we get something longer term. Don't really want to live out of a suitcase so a hotel is not really what we are after.

If there' s anyone who knows of short term rentals then I'd be intrigued to hear more.

Better finish packing now....

Piers