Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Want to leave current job

Want to leave current job

Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Suuz will become famous soon enoughSuuz will become famous soon enough
Default Can I leave?

Hi all. Wonder if you could clarify something for me before I make a definite decision. I hate the job I am in at the moment. Have worked there for over three years and would love to leave at the end of the year. Planning to submit a 175 visa application on 3rd November. Have my skills assessment from appropriate body and all the necessary points. Would it hinder my application if I left my job? Would appreciate advice.
Thanks

SZ

Last edited by Suuz; Oct 24th 2007 at 11:16 am.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Can I leave?

Originally Posted by Suuz
Hi all. Wonder if you could clarify something for me before I make a definite decision. I hate the job I am in at the moment. Have worked there for over three years and would love to leave at the end of the year. Planning to submit a 175 visa application on 3rd November. Have my skills assessment from appropriate body and all the necessary points. Would it hinder my application if I left my job? Would appreciate advice.
Thanks

SZ

Anybody else been in this dilemma?

Last edited by Suuz; Oct 24th 2007 at 11:17 am.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Suuz
Thanks

SZ
Sue

You should really post this one on the immigration site I would have thought.

My understanding of the rules are that you have to be in your job as detailed on your paperwork at the time you apply - what happens after that is irrelevant as the information you gave at the time you submitted your visa was correct.

In short, after you submit you can hand in your notice with no ill effects but you would have to inform DIAC of your change of circumstances.

Trish
Old Oct 24th 2007, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scrum
Sue

You should really post this one on the immigration site I would have thought.

My understanding of the rules are that you have to be in your job as detailed on your paperwork at the time you apply - what happens after that is irrelevant as the information you gave at the time you submitted your visa was correct.

In short, after you submit you can hand in your notice with no ill effects but you would have to inform DIAC of your change of circumstances.

Trish
thanks for that Trish. You are right, should have gone on immigration forum. x