Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Want to know how much your neighbours house last sold for ?

Want to know how much your neighbours house last sold for ?

Old Aug 4th 2010, 9:57 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Want to know how much your neighbours house last sold for ?

There's an app for that

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/s...804-11cpb.html

"There's a brand new property app on the block that gives iPhone users detailed information on the value of any house they care to point their handset towards"

"Just by pointing an iPhone at a particular property, they will be able to see the last sale price of the property, and if the home is actually for sale, the app will bring up a listing from realestate.com.au with details such as home layout and pictures."

Now personally I think that's quite clever.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 8:51 am
Lancs to central coast

simnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud of
Default Re: Want to know how much your neighbours house last sold for ?

Its called the "CommBank Property Guide" & is free. it's ace, i've been using it all week when I get to my destination to unload truck.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:02 am
ABCDiamond

Can you get those prices without an iphone ?

Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:56 am
Lancs to central coast

simnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud of

you can search online at www.onthehouse.com.au but pointing your phone at a house is way cooler.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 11:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simnmax
you can search online at www.onthehouse.com.au but pointing your phone at a house is way cooler.
Wouldn't do much good pointing my phone at a house Might make the homeowner look at me a tad suspiciously though
Old Aug 5th 2010, 11:55 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Wouldn't do much good pointing my phone at a house Might make the homeowner look at me a tad suspiciously though
Same here....

Mine....

Old Aug 5th 2010, 12:41 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Gosh. How very......er....retro
Old Aug 5th 2010, 12:42 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Some people just want a phone to be a phone.
Old Aug 6th 2010, 12:12 am
ABCDiamond

I even have an old fashioned, or is that retro style, mobile phone bill .... about $50 per year.

When I got my first mobile phone it was probably $50 due to making about 5 calls per year

I need to try to look back to those days mobile call costs...
I can recall the day I got it, and they delivered it to the house.

I think it was something like this

But when I went a bit further west, towards the Blue Mountains, I needed to hire one of these...

Old Aug 6th 2010, 12:37 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

"Just by pointing an iPhone at a particular property, they will be able to see ...details such as home layout and pictures.".
hmmm.. sounds like a very useful little tool for any wannabe thief!
Old Aug 6th 2010, 3:12 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=ABCDiamond;8756308]

God I remember them! Top 4 directors of the company I worked for in 88'ish all walked in thru the door one day carrying these bricks.

It's a mobile phone I tell ya!
Old Aug 6th 2010, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

Top of the range mobile with camera and vibrating alert!!
Attached Thumbnails Want to know how much your neighbours house last sold for ?-mobile.bmp