Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

wanna get involved

wanna get involved

Old Sep 9th 2005, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

jo 90joe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default wanna get involved

As my wife has, or led me to believe that she has done all the leg work so far on our application ( my nods and yep,yep if u say so don't count ? ) i thought I'd better get involved and ask a few things my self.

as we are applying for a skilled visa ( me being the skilled one ) and Jo being a Meir professional dancer and teacher, my trade being roof slating,roof plumbing and tiling so i need to ask a few things regarding my day to day job.

1. I often have fights with spiders in chimney pots, under tiles, in my boots and sometimes in the van keeping warm. but never really been bothered about them pick them up and put them on work mates for a laugh etc,,,,so will i die really quickly and horribly if i get bitten by a Red Back and how many people ( tradesman ) die each year.

2. how on earth do i get my tools there as some of my tools even scare me,definitely sure i wont be allowed to take them on a plane.

3.do i have to get a license of sort, to certify who and what i am.

4.is there REALLY a massive need for tradesman like me

sorry for the boring questions but its these little things i think about at work,

thanks chris