Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wallabies Beaten

Wallabies Beaten

Old Jul 12th 2003, 11:36 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wallabies Beaten

The Mighty Springboks gave it to the Wallabies this afternoon.

Bring on the All Blacks next Saturday.
Old Jul 13th 2003, 1:31 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wallabies Beaten

Originally posted by Amazulu

Looking sad for the camp following Pom's who want to shout for the Aussie's , have you seen the Advert for the World Cup on Channel 7 .
This shows the England players and supporter's with the caption 'England odd's on to win the Cup' , the buggers are throwing in the towel.

Nice shot of an Aussie sportsman giving his views on the game.
Attached Thumbnails Wallabies Beaten-tossers.jpg  

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 13th 2003 at 7:45 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2003, 7:26 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wallabies Beaten

You've got pom's over there shouting for the aussies ?, how sad !.

I will move to Australia, be patriotic, , pay taxes, become a citizen, etc, but I will never support them at rugby & cricket (aussie rules & rugby league are stupid & not real sports, so don't count). The rivalry & dislike runs too deep (anyone from South Africa will understand what I mean).

That's a great picture you've attached PB, who do you fancy in a punch up between Krige & 'moaning minnie' Gregan !.
Old Jul 13th 2003, 7:30 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

You've got pom's over there shouting for the aussies ?, how sad !.

I will move to Australia, be patriotic, , pay taxes, become a citizen, etc, but I will never support them at rugby & cricket (aussie rules & rugby league are stupid & not real sports, so don't count). The rivalry & dislike runs too deep (anyone from South Africa will understand what I mean).

That's a great picture you've attached PB, who do you fancy in a punch up between Krige & 'moaning minnie' Gregan !.
My monies on Krige , Aussies are all mouth they talk a good game and thats about all.
You South Africia's are coming to Perth in large numbers must be good for you here.

Old Jul 13th 2003, 7:38 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Yep, a lot of South Africans moving down under, there's a lot of problems at home. I live in the UK though & unlike a lot of people on this website, quite like it. If the weather could stay like it has been for the last week or two I might have 2nd thoughts about leaving.
Old Jul 13th 2003, 7:42 pm
Banned

Yep, a lot of South Africans moving down under, there's a lot of problems at home. I live in the UK though & unlike a lot of people on this website, quite like it. If the weather could stay like it has been for the last week or two I might have 2nd thoughts about leaving.
Well you will feel welcome in Perth the Springboks have massive support here , the England v South Africa World Cup game will be a cracker in Subi Stadium.

Old Jul 13th 2003, 7:50 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Yeah, I'd love to be there but we've just had a baby & finances are a bit tight, I've raised the subject with the missus & her reply is unprintable !.

It'll be a great game though, like a home game for both teams because of all the expats. So, if anyone out there has tickets, I'm jealous !.
Old Jul 13th 2003, 8:05 pm
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

Bokke Bokke Bokke!

Yep good to see the Wallabies beaten. Time to wipe some of that kiwi polish away!
Old Jul 13th 2003, 10:39 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Houdini
Bokke Bokke Bokke!

Yep good to see the Wallabies beaten. Time to wipe some of that kiwi polish away!

I'm a long-time All Black supporter, so as always am looking forward to next weekend's game. Like 99.9% of the NZ population I think we have not picked the right team, but have to say that there is a lot of talent in there that should be able to string together the odd good game (it used to be we would expect a good game every game, but that is no more).

I didn't watch the game in the weekend, but heard that SA have been relying on a 10 man game. Have they yet realised the foolishness of this? For example, England can outplay them easily in any forward based game plan, and have a better kicking game too.

Still its nice to see the Aussies lose again. This English summer is quite exceptional in that regards. Even their cyclists in "le tour" have come down to earth with a big bang once they hit the Alps this weekend.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 12:46 am
Proudly Deplorable

The Boks didn't play 10 man rugby on Saturday, in fact it was surprising how they spread the ball out to the backs, Russell at fullback was awesome, the Aussies had no answer to his pace. Up front the forwards completely dominated the Wallabies (Darwin was Sephaka's bitch for most of the game) & there was a lot of turnover in favour of the Boks. Also De Wet Barry's massive hits in midfield consistently put the Wallabies on the back foot.

I think the game against NZ will be much harder, The All Blacks have been the only team to consistently play well on the highveld, saying that I think the Boks will take it.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

Gareth W is on a distinguished road

I'm not a Union fan but I watched this game and was surprised by SA's willingness to get the ball out wide. A refreshing change from the "ball up the jumper and wait for a penalty" blueprint you see far too often in Union games.

Well played SA. Bet the Wallabies are getting worried, what with the World Cup looming. If they're not in the final do you think it will still be televised ?
Old Jul 14th 2003, 1:49 am
Free at last!

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Looking sad for the camp following Pom's who want to shout for the Aussie's , have you seen the Advert for the World Cup on Channel 7 .
This shows the England players and supporter's with the caption 'England odd's on to win the Cup' , the buggers are throwing in the towel.

Nice shot of an Aussie sportsman giving his views on the game.
Looks like Gregan needs a box to stand on. I'm sure I'll have room for a "Cape" fruit box in my container.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 2:02 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Houdini
Looks like Gregan needs a box to stand on. I'm sure I'll have room for a "Cape" fruit box in my container.

Gregan is the most hated Aussie in NZ. Probably because he so typically exemplifies an Aussie sportsman:

he is arrogant
he has a big mouth
he is good at his sport
he plays better when he plays NZ
and he is very very lucky...I don't know how else to describe his try saving tackle against Jeff Wilson a few years ago.

If he for one is out of form, then I am very happy indeed.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 2:10 am
Free at last!

Originally posted by southerner
Gregan is the most hated Aussie in NZ. Probably because he so typically exemplifies an Aussie sportsman:

he is arrogant
he has a big mouth
he is good at his sport
he plays better when he plays NZ
and he is very very lucky...I don't know how else to describe his try saving tackle against Jeff Wilson a few years ago.

If he for one is out of form, then I am very happy indeed.
I must be mad. I'm a South African heading for Oz knowing the history of rivalry between SA and Oz in rugby, yet I'll always support the All Blacks over any other team when SA aren't playing. Should I be moving to NZ? or do I just have a subconcious respect for a good, consistent rugby nation? Having said this, I hope SA piss all over NZ next week.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 2:58 am
Proudly Deplorable

I think you might need 2 fruit boxes ....

I know what you mean about being from SA & moving to Aussie, the rivalry & dislike runs too deep. I could never support Australia at rugby or cricket (even when they play England !). I also have a grudging respect for the All Blacks (God, it hurts to say that !), but I hope we wipe the floor with them on Saturday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.