Walkie-Talkies

Old Sep 29th 2007, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default Walkie-Talkies

I feel like I've been let off my leash finding that high street stores like Tandy, Retravision and Dick Smith sell walkie-talkies that can be used more than one block apart (less without line of sight). We were limited to 500mW but here I've found 4W models! Does anyone know what the maximum power is permitted before a license is required and any suggestions as to which models are good?
Old Sep 29th 2007, 8:24 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Walkie-Talkies

Originally Posted by discobay
I feel like I've been let off my leash finding that high street stores like Tandy, Retravision and Dick Smith sell walkie-talkies that can be used more than one block apart (less without line of sight). We were limited to 500mW but here I've found 4W models! Does anyone know what the maximum power is permitted before a license is required and any suggestions as to which models are good?
Limit seams to be 5 watts, most use the Uniden board anyway so there is very little difference between radios. I prefer the Uniden radios over most of the others simply because I had years of trouble free usage from my old President Lincoln. Given the choice I'd go a Uniden board over a cybernet one any day
Old Sep 29th 2007, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

And is any retailer better than others?
Old Sep 29th 2007, 11:21 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by discobay
And is any retailer better than others?
Just shop around, most shops sell the same brands, there's very little difference price wise unless you find some on special at one place.