Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Waking up in Oz...What's it like?

Waking up in Oz...What's it like?

Old Dec 1st 2005, 8:31 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Waking up in Oz...What's it like?

Hi guys,

Going between panic and emotional roller coaster.......hey I'm a woman and it's allowed!

Just having another one of those moments....What did it feel like waking up in Oz after all the hard work and slog getting there. Good feeling or sense of fear taking over :scared: ?

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 1st 2005, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice
Default Re: Waking up in Oz...What's it like?

Originally Posted by Stitch
Just having another one of those moments....What did it feel like waking up in Oz after all the hard work and slog getting there. Good feeling or sense of fear taking over :scared: ?

Cheers

Ginny
If you have had a koel banging away all night, you are glad when the sun rises.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 9:13 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

Going between panic and emotional roller coaster.......hey I'm a woman and it's allowed!

Cheers

Ginny
Fantastic feeling, even now 17 months later

Aus isn't utopia, you still have issues re jobs/salaries and massive work cultural differences etc.....but everything else is just "majic"...IMHO

If you're prepared to take the rough with the smooth, accept it's not gonna be all roses, then you'll be right girl.....so don't worry

Good luck Ginny
Old Dec 1st 2005, 9:20 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

Cheers

Ginny
Be prepared for a roller coaster. In effect you are having to build a completely new life. There are ups and downs and there can be as much stress as the application process. You'll have a honeymoon period you'll then settle to the reality of your new life.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 9:24 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

I loved wakin in aus everytime i've been , but totally gutted the last 2 time i have had to fly back , the worst is waiting for the taxi to take me to the airport
Still be back soon
Old Dec 1st 2005, 9:27 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

The first morning we were awakened by my hubby.....at 4am............hey everybody we r in Australia..................kids growled at him............I said wow no shit Sherlock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were all then wide awake...he went back to sleep lol
Old Dec 1st 2005, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by biggy
The first morning we were awakened by my hubby.....at 4am............hey everybody we r in Australia..................kids growled at him............I said wow no shit Sherlock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were all then wide awake...he went back to sleep lol
Us blokes go bak 2 sleep right after lots of stuff
Old Dec 1st 2005, 9:36 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Us blokes go bak 2 sleep right after lots of stuff
aye and dont us girlies know that....................always left to clear up no matter what lol
Old Dec 1st 2005, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by biggy
aye and dont us girlies know that....................always left to clear up no matter what lol
PMSL
Old Dec 1st 2005, 10:10 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

For me its so nice waking up to the sun shining almost every morning ( obviously not when its raining though) and its warm. So much nicer than waking up and not wanting to get out of a warm bed and seeing an overcast sky or rain chucking it down.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 10:20 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I remember waking up the first morning and seeing the light streaming through the window and hear birds warbling away outside!

I love the sound of Aussie birds, first thing in the morning

Susan
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
I remember waking up the first morning and seeing the light streaming through the window and hear birds warbling away outside!

Susan
we got off the plane, and straight onto a ferry for Moreton Island. First morning we woke up to the sound of the sea (we hired a beach villa), and of course the normal morning bird chorus (noisy feckers)! Mark made breakfast and we sat on the balcony just starring at the sunrise over the ocean. Bloody amazing! The kids played on the beach, I lazed on the verandah watching the pelicans and about 20 meters away we saw about 5 dolphins just gliding in and out of the water! Amazing experience!

Not so amazing was my hubby's first encounter with a hammer head shark in the Tangalooma wrecks! I thought it was hilarious, the boy was seriously spooked! The shark left Mark alone, according to the very 'odd' locals, its been there for over 30 years and has never touched anyone!

After that being woken at 4.30am by those birds got a tad tedious, but we still love the wildlife out there!
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 10:01 am
Banned

Breezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to all

Susan
If your an aussie wouldnt what first morning are you referring to?
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 10:15 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Me too ...

My favorite chirp is ...

"How do you want your eggs cooking ... sunny side up?"

Old Dec 2nd 2005, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

What did it feel like waking up in Oz after all the hard work and slog getting there. Good feeling or sense of fear taking over?
Waking up in Oz is not a problem. It's the getting out of bed that's troubling me at the moment... I have to literally crawl on my arms and knees to get off the bed several times a night to go to the loo... because of my 40" belly...

Good feeling?! Sometimes. But definitely sense of fear of some little Ozzie taking over my life taking over...

How come no one ever warned me about this before?!

Mrs JTL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.