Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Waiting time for a Centrelink AoS appointment

Wikiposts

Waiting time for a Centrelink AoS appointment

Old Jun 11th 2006, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

clan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really nice
Question Waiting time for a Centrelink AoS appointment

Hi everyone

as per the title - does anyone know from experience or otherwise,
roughly how long it takes for an assurer to get a Centrelink appointment
when they ring up and request one. Is the lead time a week,
two weeks or longer ?

Many thanks

Neil
Old Jun 11th 2006, 11:23 pm
Down Under

nicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud of
Default Re: Waiting time for a Centrelink AoS appointment

It was 3 weeks for us in Melbourne.

Sponsor lodged our bond at Commonwealth Bank immediately following the apoointment and then returned to Centerlink with the receipt straight away.

Received visas 2 weeks after that.
Old Jun 11th 2006, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

clan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really nice

Originally Posted by nicktork
It was 3 weeks for us in Melbourne.

Sponsor lodged our bond at Commonwealth Bank immediately following the apoointment and then returned to Centerlink with the receipt straight away.

Received visas 2 weeks after that.
Thanks for that. I was expecting something around that timeframe.

Its frustrating for me because my assurer is due to come to the uk for
most of July - just when I expect him to get the call from centrelink !

Neil
Old Jun 25th 2006, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

Aidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud of

Just an FYI - for those who may interested....

My sister-in-law had appointment booked with Centrelink for June 29th, in Melbourne. She received a called last Thursday advising that her appointment has been postponed to July 7th. Reason given? Centrelink is short staffed and can't keep up with the demand.
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

Aidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud of

FYI to all those who have family members who scheduled appointments with Centrelink.

Centrelink called my sister-in-law this evening to advise her that the AOS forms have changed. She has to complete new forms before tomorrow's appointment.
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 11:47 pm
Living & Loving in Perth

hoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Aidan
FYI to all those who have family members who scheduled appointments with Centrelink.

Centrelink called my sister-in-law this evening to advise her that the AOS forms have changed. She has to complete new forms before tomorrow's appointment.
Thanks for the info - our sponsor has an appointment this Wednesday, have just emailed him the news.

Many thanks

Hoops (mrs)
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 12:34 am
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road

How soon after applying for CPV do Centrelink as for AOS?

Do you pay your second visa application before sending off AOS forms?

Not sure in which order these go in. We will be applying next Feb for out CPV when our Daughter has been in Australia for two years and she will also have her PR as well by then.

Does taking you second visa application (big lump of money) ensure then that the visa is imminent?

Thanks

Caz