Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

This waiting is boring

This waiting is boring

Old Apr 19th 2004, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

john&jules is an unknown quantity at this point
Default This waiting is boring

Posted our application for skilled independent visa a couple of weeks ago and it just managed to get there before the 14th april deadline. After all the 'excitement'[/I] of it getting there on time i now feel a little frustrated and impatient. I guess when you get the request for the meds thats the time it really hits home that you may actually be going. Just wondered what people do to help them get through this waiting time apart from watch every Australian programme on TV. We have SKy and ive watched every programme at least ten times including Billy connollys tour of Australia, the guy who rides the trains, Rex hunt fishing adventures and several others i cant remember the names of. Please tell me im not going to go mad, well any more mad than i already am!

jules
Old Apr 19th 2004, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all

where in Dorset r u ???
Old Apr 19th 2004, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Weymouth
Old Apr 19th 2004, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry about short reply but toddler tried to help me type!

We are from weymouth, i think i may have conversed with you before but we have changed our log in name.

where in poole are u from

jules
Old Apr 19th 2004, 4:46 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

We are also in the same track.
I was wondering how to go through this period till meds are in..

It sometimes gets on your nerves.
I am trying to plan all the things in advance making a big list. So that When it all comes then I am well prepared to go around.

- Getting information on where to live.
- preparing my CV and finding the right companies
- Organizing the stuff to pack.
- Making a list to sell
- Evalution of our house.
- If you animals getting them prepared for the travel etc.

Hope that helps

Badri
Old Apr 19th 2004, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

must admit im not the most patient of people but we had milestones to keep us going, plus planning things we wanted to do and visit before we left

decorating the house (yawn yawn) took a lot of time up i felt like i was wishing my life away but now i feel like im on a rollorcoaster and want to say stop i want to get off for a while

time will fly by you just watch and see

arlene
Old Apr 19th 2004, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

i am in the same boat.....although i cant fill my time making plans as i dont really feel like i am going until someone gives me the ok.............or at least aknowledges receipt of my application.!How long should that take....its been 4 weeks now??
Old Apr 19th 2004, 5:48 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

god you get bored easy !

your only a newbie
Old Apr 19th 2004, 8:37 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally posted by plumber
god you get bored easy !

your only a newbie
Ya,
Come on cheer up. I know its boring but think of all the excitement when it really starts happening