Waiting

Old Oct 18th 2005, 9:35 am
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice
Unhappy Waiting

I dont know how you guys applying for PR do it ...

we've only been going through the process for about 3 weeks (we're going on a 457) and its a nightmare!!

the eVisa site has a message saying 'further processing' which means it must be moving on a little (the meds leave the uk tomorrow!) but i have so much to do that i'm holding back on until we're approved

any other 457's out there waiting/just gone through the process and want to share your experiences??
Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:52 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Waiting

Originally Posted by cam_uk

we've only been going through the process for about 3 weeks (we're going on a 457) and its a nightmare!!

the eVisa site has a message saying 'further processing' which means it must be moving on a little (the meds leave the uk tomorrow!) but i have so much to do that i'm holding back on until we're approved

any other 457's out there waiting/just gone through the process and want to share your experiences??
We're here on a 457, but for us it was reasonably straightforward - or maybe we were so wrapped up in other stuff, we didn't watch the clock!!

We came out for a visit the last two weeks of May, our application was lodged on 3rd June and I think the visas were granted on or around 28th June. It certainly didn't take that long, but I'm not sure how much my husband's employers had to do with that. We had the usual chest x-rays, for which we had to wait a couple of weeks, and our dd had a short medical examination and had to supply a urine sample. No police checks as it is a 457 - we're doing that now that we've applied for PR.

Good luck - I hope yours is granted soon.

Sue
Old Oct 18th 2005, 12:44 pm
HAM
Forum Regular

Location: on the opposite side of the world to where I want to be...
HAM has a spectacular aura aboutHAM has a spectacular aura aboutHAM has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by cam_uk

Hi cam

Did you get the reassurance you were looking for from your employer...feeling really guilty that I've scared the hell out of you following our disaster :scared:

Anyway this is the first time I've been back on since then...and guess what? Hubby has another interview either Friday or Monday - waiting to confirm time!! I am SOOOOOOOO NOT (well trying hard not to anyway!) getting my hopes up...Just trying to play it cool chill and get on with life (honest!!)

Good luck!!
Old Oct 18th 2005, 1:16 pm
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice

Originally Posted by HAM
Hi cam

Did you get the reassurance you were looking for from your employer...feeling really guilty that I've scared the hell out of you following our disaster :scared:

Anyway this is the first time I've been back on since then...and guess what? Hubby has another interview either Friday or Monday - waiting to confirm time!! I am SOOOOOOOO NOT (well trying hard not to anyway!) getting my hopes up...Just trying to play it cool chill and get on with life (honest!!)

Good luck!!

Yeah i did .. i emailed the recruitment company and they got the md of the company i'll be working for to contact me .. he told me not to worry, they sponsor people all of the time and understand that these things take time.... he even said they have sorted my desk out and ordered my laptop lol!!!

Anyway .. good luck to your hubby for his interview .. i'm sure that some time soon you'll be on the beach somewhere in aus