Waiting

Old Mar 9th 2003, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

pudnut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Waiting

I've only had my application in for two weeks and the waiting is already doing my head in!!!

God knows how you people who have been waiting for months and months have coped. I just seem to be wishing my life away at the moment waiting for this time next year in the hope that I know where my life is going. I also find that I have no interest in anything at the moment either!!

I know I'm only one of many in this situation, but how on earth does everyone else cope with their lives on hold. It's alright for people to say "just forget about it" But I'm not finding that very easy at all!! I also think that part of my anxiety is the thought of waiting for a year, pinning all your hopes on migrating, just to be told that you have been refused!! (has that actually happen to anyone?)

I'm hoping that the waiting gets easier, but at this rate I'm going to be dead with stress by the time I hear anything!!!!

Any tips would be appreciated

A fed up Pudnut!!!!
Old Mar 9th 2003, 4:07 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Your not on your own!!!!!!

I second that!!!!!!!

How can you put all the visual pictures of your hopes and dreams to the back of your mind.

Your not on your own!!!!

Kind regards

Boomerang
Old Mar 9th 2003, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, be prepared , it frazzles your brain, we were waiting 19 months for our visas, so be thankful you wont be waiting that long. but it does creep up on you, and before you realize it, your running around like idiots sorting everything out, so be patient and dont buy the kids loads of toys etc, we are now having to do a few carboots, i hate doing boot sales bisbane here we come..........
Old Mar 9th 2003, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by andie
yes, be prepared , it frazzles your brain, we were waiting 19 months for our visas, so be thankful you wont be waiting that long. but it does creep up on you, and before you realize it, your running around like idiots sorting everything out, so be patient and dont buy the kids loads of toys etc, we are now having to do a few carboots, i hate doing boot sales bisbane here we come..........
It's doing my head in too! We started the process May 02, initially I was very excited but the extended time to reflect on the move to Oz has put all sorts of doubts in my mind, I'm sure if we moved in a month I wouldn't have gone through all of the agonies in my mind as to whether we are doing the right thing! Anyone else feel the same way?
Old Mar 9th 2003, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

we have had so many second thoughts, 2 years is a long time to put your life on hold, in a way the waiting has done some good, weve visited oz, and are now 100% sure we are doing the right thing. this time last year we were not as possitive as what we are now.
Old Mar 9th 2003, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

I found that it was hard too, but you need to put it to the back of your mind, I did'nt even use this forum till it was getting near the time things would begin to happen. There are certain things that we have done differently had we not been immigrating and then it do'es make you more impatiant. But hang on in there it will happen in the end.
Don't forget your police checks, send them in prior to being asked or things could go on longer than need be.

Terry
Old Mar 9th 2003, 10:18 pm
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

According to my other half I've had permanent PMT for 17 months. It is difficult but I've tried to use the time constructively by gathering info over the net. My son designed a cover for a folder entitled "Operation Oz" and I've gradually been adding information on everything from climate to where the nearest Ikea and Fitness first is in Perth!

We've had our bond requested so the end is hopefully in sight. I daren't open the champagne until the actual visa's arrive though..... just in case!

Keep you chin up and your determination levels high.

Steph