Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wait time after new info received

Wait time after new info received

Old Feb 13th 2006, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

nicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant future
Default Wait time after new info received

We've just sent our extra info which is more detailed birth certs for our kids, proof of work for the past 4 years for my husband, and proof that I can speak, read and write english (because I wasn't born here) We have sent them everything they need and they should have it by the end of the week, has anyone been through this? Our meds and pcc are all fine, so it's just going through the requested papers, is it usually a quick process or could it be months. I know nobody really knows but anyones past experience would be appreciated. We are 136 MODL.

Thanks,
Nicanjoe
Old Feb 13th 2006, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

mrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nice
Default Re: Wait time after new info received

Originally Posted by nicanjoe
We've just sent our extra info which is more detailed birth certs for our kids, proof of work for the past 4 years for my husband, and proof that I can speak, read and write english (because I wasn't born here) We have sent them everything they need and they should have it by the end of the week, has anyone been through this? Our meds and pcc are all fine, so it's just going through the requested papers, is it usually a quick process or could it be months. I know nobody really knows but anyones past experience would be appreciated. We are 136 MODL.

Thanks,
Nicanjoe
hiya nicanjoe,i was just wondering if your co asked for this extra info as soon as you where assigned to him or does it take a while for a co to ask for extra info?sorry i cant answer your question but im sure yours shouldnt be too long now,mrs i. xxx
Old Feb 13th 2006, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mrs. impatient
hiya nicanjoe,i was just wondering if your co asked for this extra info as soon as you where assigned to him or does it take a while for a co to ask for extra info?sorry i cant answer your question but im sure yours shouldnt be too long now,mrs i. xxx
Hello, Mrs. I. I phoned DIMIA and was told I had a co on a Monday morning (Adelaide time) and I had the request on a Friday morn (Ad Time) I don't know how long I had the co before I called, at the time I think I was at around 3 and a week, so I probably hadn't had her more than a week or two when the request came in.

I'm sure you'll hear quite soon, but they may not need information, so you may hear in a week or so with a visa!

Nicanjoe
Old Feb 13th 2006, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

mrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nice

Originally Posted by nicanjoe
Hello, Mrs. I. I phoned DIMIA and was told I had a co on a Monday morning (Adelaide time) and I had the request on a Friday morn (Ad Time) I don't know how long I had the co before I called, at the time I think I was at around 3 and a week, so I probably hadn't had her more than a week or two when the request came in.

I'm sure you'll hear quite soon, but they may not need information, so you may hear in a week or so with a visa!

Nicanjoe
thanks for that info,i think weve had co for around 2-3 weeks,i hope we dont hear off them at this late stage for more info,it wouldnt seem fair mind you where has fairness ever come into it yes!!! good luck for the next few weeks,x. my hubby is convinced we will have the visa grant this week but im not so sure the way things are going on total snails pace for region 1,mrs i. xx
Old Feb 13th 2006, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mrs. impatient
thanks for that info,i think weve had co for around 2-3 weeks,i hope we dont hear off them at this late stage for more info,it wouldnt seem fair mind you where has fairness ever come into it yes!!! good luck for the next few weeks,x. my hubby is convinced we will have the visa grant this week but im not so sure the way things are going on total snails pace for region 1,mrs i. xx
Well, I just checked the tracking on our package and it's reached Australia from Canada, and has cleared customs so it may reach our co in the next couple of days. I plan to e-mail her on Wed morn and just let her know our info is enroute and should be to her before the end of the week. At least after it arrives to our co, there is actually some hope we may have a message from her granting us a visa, right now until she has the papers there's no hope at all. We all (myself, hubby, 3 kids 10, 7, 5) picked a day we thought the visa would be granted, whoever wins (or comes closest) gets an ice cream sundae, it takes a little of the stress out of the wait and makes it a little more fun, so bet your husband it will be the week after and the winner has to.......you fill in the blank, and then either way you win!!!!!

Nicanoe