British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Waikiki ,Warnbro , Baldivis... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/waikiki-warnbro-baldivis-662025/)

sharona Mar 31st 2010 12:00 pm

Waikiki ,Warnbro , Baldivis...

Hi all we live in leeming and are moving further down in september and we are looking at waikiki , warnbro, and baldivis , just wondered if any one has ant helpfull comments re areas , schools , child care , (mainly child care and kindy /primary) we really like baldivis bit feel the other 2 maybe easier for poddling around shops etc .:blink , any thoughts please:fingerscrossed:

mindblower Mar 31st 2010 1:43 pm

Re: Waikiki ,Warnbro , Baldivis...

Originally Posted by sharona (Post 8462576)
Hi all we live in leeming and are moving further down in september and we are looking at waikiki , warnbro, and baldivis , just wondered if any one has ant helpfull comments re areas , schools , child care , (mainly child care and kindy /primary) we really like baldivis bit feel the other 2 maybe easier for poddling around shops etc .:blink , any thoughts please:fingerscrossed:

Correct, baldivis nicer, new development near coles though....others nearer to shops.

gill.p Mar 31st 2010 9:14 pm

Hi Sharona, I used to live in Waikiki when my children were young, they went to Charthouse Primary on Charthouse Road Waikiki was a great school. You are closer to the beach to. Gill

Japonica Mar 31st 2010 10:48 pm

We're going to be moving to Baldivis. I like the area...decent shops and close enough to Rockingham if we need anything there. There's another PS going in next year I believe as well in Tuart Ridge.

Evelin Mar 31st 2010 11:26 pm

Parts of Waikiki are ok, would not choose Warnbro, I'd go for Settlers Hills in Baldivis. Some of the newer estates in Baldivis are quite a distance from services.

sharona Mar 31st 2010 11:30 pm

Thanks for the replies:thumbsup:

mulben Apr 1st 2010 12:25 am

Originally Posted by Evelin (Post 8464148)
Parts of Waikiki are ok, would not choose Warnbro, I'd go for Settlers Hills in Baldivis. Some of the newer estates in Baldivis are quite a distance from services.

Warnbro has some of the best houses
http://www.suburbview.com/view/WA/Warnbro/6169
(click hybrid for better view )

any where west of Currie Street

we are in Port Kennedy within walking distance-
2 Doctors surgerys (one bulk bills )
2 Pharmacys
Dentist
3 Primary Schools
2 Pre Schools
2 7day Supermarkets
Bunnings
Hardly Normal
etc....

sharona Apr 1st 2010 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by mulben (Post 8464277)

2 Pharmacys
Dentist
3 Primary Schools
2 Pre Schools
2 7day Supermarkets
Bunnings
Hardly Normal
etc....

thanks for the link , i have saved it , port kennedy is nice but a bit to far the oh works at the airport ..

mulben Apr 1st 2010 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by sharona (Post 8465593)
thanks for the link , i have saved it , port kennedy is nice but a bit to far the oh works at the airport ..

I don,t think its a current picture as Baldivis Shopping Centre isnt built
Baldivis is a lot bigger now, some new subdivisions have gone up along Mandurah Rd between 50 Road and Kerosene Lane.

sunbather Apr 2nd 2010 12:46 am

Originally Posted by Japonica (Post 8464091)
There's another PS going in next year I believe as well in Tuart Ridge.

Yes there is. It has opened this year as a Kindy only and will be expanded during the year. There is also a high school being built to open in 2012 I believe. Building work has started.

Japonica Apr 2nd 2010 1:09 am

Originally Posted by sunbather (Post 8466899)
Yes there is. It has opened this year as a Kindy only and will be expanded during the year. There is also a high school being built to open in 2012 I believe. Building work has started.

That's great news...I know Settlers PS is very crowded and I imagine Tranby would be the same...so the new high school would be welcome for sure.

squeezzii Apr 2nd 2010 4:06 am

I live in Port kennedy too, have friends in Settlers (Baldivis) both nice areas, personally dont think that port kennedy would make noticable difference to your journey tbh,as is only 5 mins in car, I feel much more options around PK for pretty much everything. pls PM if you want any more info :)

gobbyjock Apr 2nd 2010 9:56 am

Originally Posted by sharona (Post 8465593)

:confused:It`s the next the suburb down from Warnbro - 5 mins in the car. If travel time is an issue go for Baldivis.

Evelin Apr 2nd 2010 11:31 am

Originally Posted by mulben (Post 8464277)

2 Pharmacys
Dentist
3 Primary Schools
2 Pre Schools
2 7day Supermarkets
Bunnings
Hardly Normal
etc....

the ones in the dunes, yes. The rest, well, not my cup of tea. Living in the dunes means a bit of a distance to services, got snakes there too. I live in St Clair (Port Kennedy), perfect for services, shopping, beach. Now they are building a new jetty and boat launch facilities.

K14 Apr 2nd 2010 1:14 pm

Hi

We live in Secret Harbour but our kids go to school in Baldivis - Tranby College. We've been really pleased with it. My cousins daughter is in the child care bit there and is v happy with it.

IMO Baldivis is the nicest area of the 3. They're all really close to eachother so not alot of difference if you're getting in the car to go to the shops anyway.

Your nearest big shopping centre is Rockingham. Settlers has got a small shopping centre and there's a new one opened I think it's called Stockland with a Coles, hairdressers, travel agents, newsagents, bakery.

Hope that helps.

:)