Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wages In Uk, Oz Or Nz - Whih Are The Best

Wages In Uk, Oz Or Nz - Whih Are The Best

Old May 16th 2005, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

ranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant future
Default Wages In Uk, Oz Or Nz - Whih Are The Best

Looking to moving to NZ as a corrections officer (my husband). Salary of $36000nzd. Equivalent to around £15000 stirling (not alot I know). But hope to work myself.

My husband was a qualified welder a few years ago but went into the prison service in the uk to get away from all the dust involved in welding. However, read lots of negatives on salaries in NZ and wondered what Oz prison service pay for their Officers and also if Welding maybe an option. I am a lecturer in education in the uk prison service.

Thanks Suze
Old May 17th 2005, 1:48 am
Sydney Bound Jan 2006

Kopites will become famous soon enoughKopites will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Wages In Uk, Oz Or Nz - Whih Are The Best

Originally Posted by ranbysue
Looking to moving to NZ as a corrections officer (my husband). Salary of $36000nzd. Equivalent to around £15000 stirling (not alot I know). But hope to work myself.

My husband was a qualified welder a few years ago but went into the prison service in the uk to get away from all the dust involved in welding. However, read lots of negatives on salaries in NZ and wondered what Oz prison service pay for their Officers and also if Welding maybe an option. I am a lecturer in education in the uk prison service.

Thanks Suze
Hi Suze,also a prison officer in N.Ireland,got my visa stamped on my passport last week,going to Sydney,am going out as a chef as thats what i'm qualified to do,will look at it when i get there,do'es money make any diffence,no more agro,pain,sh** taken from scu*,or worrening where you are or who is watching you.I love where I live and I love my family and friends,but i want a life for me and my family,so money doe,s not count for anything,just to have a life with wife and kids
cheers Andy
Old May 17th 2005, 5:52 am
up the boro!

denhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant future

if he wants to earn big bucks then he is gonna have to dust off his old welding helmet, welders can earn between $80,000 to $110,000 a year here in WA.
Old May 17th 2005, 6:46 am
Just Joined

lovelylisa is just really nicelovelylisa is just really nicelovelylisa is just really nicelovelylisa is just really nicelovelylisa is just really nicelovelylisa is just really nicelovelylisa is just really nicelovelylisa is just really nicelovelylisa is just really nicelovelylisa is just really nicelovelylisa is just really nice
Red face Re: Wages In Uk, Oz Or Nz - Whih Are The Best

silly question where is WA?
My father is a welder so just wondering although he is at retiring age but this guy refuses to leave the work force. He is an advanced welder-known as one of the best!
Old May 17th 2005, 6:48 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kopites
Hi Suze,also a prison officer in N.Ireland,got my visa stamped on my passport last week,going to Sydney,am going out as a chef as thats what i'm qualified to do,will look at it when i get there,do'es money make any diffence,no more agro,pain,sh** taken from scu*,or worrening where you are or who is watching you.I love where I live and I love my family and friends,but i want a life for me and my family,so money doe,s not count for anything,just to have a life with wife and kids
cheers Andy

What a refreshing attitude you have so everyone is prison is scum.
I'd rather be associated with some of them than the likes of you.
Old May 17th 2005, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fraser
What a refreshing attitude you have so everyone is prison is scum.
I'd rather be associated with some of them than the likes of you.
Is this for real? They are in PRISON ffs, they arn't nice people.
Old May 17th 2005, 7:13 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gjn200

Yep the post doeasn't say they are all scum, it refers to scum, not necassarily meaning all of them, however I can imagine working in the prisons you do have to watch your back. I don't blame you for wanting to get out. There in there for a reason and we are out here for a reason...
Old May 17th 2005, 7:14 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gjn200
Wow what a statement that is, because they've done something wrong they aren't nice people, they've made a mistake and been punished for it(not in all cases fair enough) let's condemn them as evil and burn them.
Old May 17th 2005, 7:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

so everyone is prison is scum.

I'm sure they're all lovely people who you could trust with your money and car keys anytime

JTL
Old May 17th 2005, 7:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

they've made a mistake and been punished for it(

being punished

They are being punished. Until they've paid their debt to society

JTL
Old May 17th 2005, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I'm sure they're all lovely people who you could trust with your money and car keys anytime

JTL
I'm sure not all of them are, as I'm sure not all that aren't in prisom are either.

Just because someone has made a mistake and been punished for it doesn't make them scum.

I have a police record which I had to declare to DIMIA, they obviously didn't think I was scum
Old May 17th 2005, 7:20 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

The clue is where Fraser is from

Just joking. Lived in Essex for 3 yrs ourselves (Basildon) and loved it... but of course Essex people do have a rep for being wideboy crims (hence the joke).
Old May 17th 2005, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
being punished

They are being punished. Until they've paid their debt to society

JTL
Ahh so I was scum and now I'm not, thank you for that moment of lucidity
Old May 17th 2005, 7:27 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Well, for me it depends what you were in Jail for... some people will always be scum for what they have done, whether they have been released or not.
Old May 17th 2005, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Until they've paid their debt to society
Isn't that correct?

JTL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.