Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wages In Uk, Oz Or Nz - Whih Are The Best

Wages In Uk, Oz Or Nz - Whih Are The Best

Old May 17th 2005, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Wages In Uk, Oz Or Nz - Whih Are The Best

Originally Posted by fraser
let's condemn them as evil and burn them.

Fine by me.
Old May 17th 2005, 7:33 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormz
Well, for me it depends what you were in Jail for... some people will always be scum for what they have done, whether they have been released or not.

I agree totally, I just don't like the attitude of people who think someone is scum because they've done something wrong, we all make mistakes.

I'd also like to say if someone feels they have to watch their back you have to ask yourself why? I'm sure any prison officer that has treated a prisoner fairly and with respect wouldn't have a problem.
Old May 17th 2005, 7:49 am
ABCDiamond

I agree totally, I just don't like the attitude of people who think someone is scum because they've done something wrong, we all make mistakes.

I'd also like to say if someone feels they have to watch their back you have to ask yourself why? I'm sure any prison officer that has treated a prisoner fairly and with respect wouldn't have a problem.
With some prisoners, that may not apply. There are some who have no regard for anyone else, and no matter how the officer treats them it would make no difference.

The Poster did say "no more agro,pain,sh** taken from scu*"; they did not quantify it as ALL prisoners, just that they would be away from those that were.
It was your words "so everyone is prison is scum" that changed that persons comments entirely.

Maybe a bit of quick reading happened here and a misunderstanding occured ?

Old May 17th 2005, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

This thread seems to have gone off track a little bit
Any answers for the original poster.
Tracey.
Old May 17th 2005, 1:49 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you to the person that sent me karma for this thread it's appreciated
Old May 17th 2005, 2:06 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ranbysue
Looking to moving to NZ as a corrections officer (my husband). Salary of $36000nzd. Equivalent to around £15000 stirling (not alot I know). But hope to work myself.

My husband was a qualified welder a few years ago but went into the prison service in the uk to get away from all the dust involved in welding. However, read lots of negatives on salaries in NZ and wondered what Oz prison service pay for their Officers and also if Welding maybe an option. I am a lecturer in education in the uk prison service.

Thanks Suze

If you are after "money" Australia is pobably not the place to come to!!

Welding in Western Australia (WA) is well paid but this would normally mean mine sites etc.

Good Luck

Paul J
Old May 17th 2005, 2:38 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Ooo, I dont agree with Fraser often, but I make him right on this.
I know someone who is inside for beating the Sh** out of the bloke who sexualy abused his daughter, he's ex-wifes new boyfriend as it happens.
Even the police felt for the poor sod.
Old May 17th 2005, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by paulf
Ooo, I dont agree with Fraser often, but I make him right on this.
I know someone who is inside for beating the Sh** out of the bloke who sexualy abused his daughter, he's ex-wifes new boyfriend as it happens.
Even the police felt for the poor sod.
Do you agree that Man U are going to win Saturday
Old May 17th 2005, 2:53 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Do you agree that Man U are going to win Saturday
I feel sorry for the United supporters with all this buy out by Malcom glasier (which one was he starksy or hutch?)
but i think saturday will see Man Utd well and truly humbled, 3-1 the gooners.
Old May 17th 2005, 3:20 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Wages In Uk, Oz Or Nz - Whih Are The Best

well i don't know anything about what the prison service pay is like but on our visa trip in january i had a look at weldind work around brisbane and the pay does vary quite a lot,there were jobs for mig welders on around $18ph and other jobs for tig welders (coded) at about $26ph. register with seek.com and they will send you info on welding/sheet metal work on a daily basis via email.your hubby's right to get out of the game it's shite but if it gives you a good start over there then so be it.
good luck jonni
Old May 17th 2005, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Gjn200
Fine by me.
One can only hope that something appropriately nasty happens to you.
Old May 17th 2005, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

One can only hope that something appropriately nasty happens to you.
Because I don't like criminals?
Old May 17th 2005, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Gjn200
Because I don't like criminals?
Yes and because you'd like to burn them. Not every criminal is a bad person, how can you judge each and every one of them without knowing their circumstances.

Did I mention that I got karma for my first post, obviously I'm not alone in my thinking.
Old May 17th 2005, 6:37 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Talk about going OT The guy said he's sick of taking sh*t from scum. He did not say all criminals are scum.

It's a shame to have to close a thread when the original question hasn't been answered but you have given me no choice.