Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wages And Tax On Wages In Aus!!!

Wages And Tax On Wages In Aus!!!

Old Jun 13th 2006, 12:29 am
Can't wait!

utopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wages And Tax On Wages In Aus!!!

Hi Guys,

Sorry to be a nuisance. But I need your much needed help.
I have just been having a conversation with my husband about Australian wages and how much monthly tax you pay!

For Example: If I were earning 60.000 a year how much of that would physically clear into my account?

I remember there was a link calculating this but can't find it for the life of me anywhere in the search engine!

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

Thank you x
Old Jun 13th 2006, 12:34 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wages And Tax On Wages In Aus!!!

Originally Posted by utopia
Hi Guys,

Sorry to be a nuisance. But I need your much needed help.
I have just been having a conversation with my husband about Australian wages and how much monthly tax you pay!

For Example: If I were earning 60.000 a year how much of that would physically clear into my account?

I remember there was a link calculating this but can't find it for the life of me anywhere in the search engine!

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

Thank you x
I use this:
http://www.ato.gov.au/scripts/taxcal...abour_hire.asp

Remember the new lower tax rates come into effect on 1st July.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 12:40 am
Can't wait!

utopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I use this:
http://www.ato.gov.au/scripts/taxcal...abour_hire.asp

Remember the new lower tax rates come into effect on 1st July.
Thank you... just gone into site.. but it asks for other info! As we are not in Australia yet, do you know how much roughly a month we would clear into account after tax, if we got 60000 a year!

Hoping for more but just going on one wage right now. As I am at home with the kiddies at present.

Old Jun 13th 2006, 12:50 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you... just gone into site.. but it asks for other info! As we are not in Australia yet, do you know how much roughly a month we would clear into account after tax, if we got 60000 a year!

Hoping for more but just going on one wage right now. As I am at home with the kiddies at present.

Someone just gave me this. Hope it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Tax Calculator(1).zip (17.1 KB, 183 views)
Old Jun 13th 2006, 12:54 am
Can't wait!

thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you!! xxx
Old Jun 13th 2006, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

I cant open it. its says the file is corrupt.. typical. UT, what did it come out at??? Can you work out $80,000 please??

cheers
Old Jun 13th 2006, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all

Annual take home based on 2005 tax levels would be $56688 for someone resident for the whole tax year, this figure will change after the 1st July when the new tax rates come into effect.

Cheers

Paul
Old Jun 13th 2006, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul and Chloe
Annual take home based on 2005 tax levels would be $56688 for someone resident for the whole tax year, this figure will change after the 1st July when the new tax rates come into effect.

Cheers

Paul
oh thank you..it is appreciated.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all

Here is an online calculator to show change from July 1st this year:

http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.a...calculator.htm
Old Jun 13th 2006, 7:20 am
BuggerMan

The Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of light

Here you go. Quick and dirty

http://yahoo.infochoice.com.au/banki...income-tax.asp

Erik the Viking
Old Jun 13th 2006, 7:30 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Wages And Tax On Wages In Aus!!!

Great link, thanks xxx
Originally Posted by The Norwegian

Erik the Viking
Old Jun 13th 2006, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Norwegian

Erik the Viking
cheers for that..
Old Jun 13th 2006, 10:27 am
Can't wait!

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
cheers for that..
Hi Cath...
Sorry only just got your message, 80000 seemed like a good wage but than I read it was just under 60.000 is that what you were expecting

Seems like alot of Tax, is it more or less than the UK?

I think the Tax might work out more expensive in Australia please shed some light on the matter if I am wrong.. its just, the NI in the UK covers your NHS cover automatically.

But in Australia on top of the Tax we would have to than deduct money for Medicare is that correct?

The reason for the questions is I can't wait to get to Australia... and the last thing I want is to get there and get any sort of shock horror about Tax issues or childcare etc.... lol

Thanks in advance, like always the knowledge and helpfulness of people on this forum is astonishing. I was searching for a good 45 min and I couldn't find one accurate Tax calculator. I post on here and get exactly what I need.

Thank you x
Old Jun 13th 2006, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

ossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant future

Hi Cath...
Sorry only just got your message, 80000 seemed like a good wage but than I read it was just under 60.000 is that what you were expecting

I think the Tax might work out more expensive in Australia please shed some light on the matter if I am wrong.. its just, the NI in the UK covers your NHS cover automatically.

But in Australia on top of the Tax we would have to than deduct money for Medicare is that correct?

The reason for the questions is I can't wait to get to Australia... and the last thing I want is to get there and get any sort of shock horror about Tax issues or childcare etc.... lol

Thanks in advance, like always the knowledge and helpfulness of people on this forum is astonishing. I was searching for a good 45 min and I couldn't find one accurate Tax calculator. I post on here and get exactly what I need.

Thank you x
There is no equivalent of National Insurance in Australia. There is a Medicare levy of 1.5% of taxalbe income and also a Medicare surcharge of a further 1% for high salary earners who do not take out private medical insurance.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Cath...

Thank you x
I am only looking for jobs >$80,000 nothing less as want to stay on same dosh in similar career.. I havent even a clue what an average wage amount is over there so am watching for the answer to yours.LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.