Main wage is over $1250 pw and we are OK or happy with living standard
44.12%
Main wage is over $1250 pw and we are Unhappy with living standard
11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Wages in OZ. Are you happy with yours ?

Old Aug 14th 2004, 2:25 am
ABCDiamond

Default Wages in OZ. Are you happy with yours ?

Talking about the Main Breadwinners wage of the household, for those settled in Australia.

What is your gross weekly wage, and are you happy with your lifestyle here, on the wages you get.

I was going to add an option that said "I do not fit any of the above", but it only allows 10 options !!

So if you don't fit... you could say why.. if you want to

Old Aug 14th 2004, 4:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wages in OZ. Are you happy with yours ?

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Talking about the Main Breadwinners wage of the household, for those settled in Australia.

What is your gross weekly wage, and are you happy with your lifestyle here, on the wages you get.

I was going to add an option that said "I do not fit any of the above", but it only allows 10 options !!

So if you don't fit... you could say why.. if you want to
Once I start the new job we will have one just below $500 and one just above $500, but not by much. At present we are both earning below $500 it its tough, especially with outstanding UK bills/loans to cope with ( before anyone starts preaching, I had NO property to sell over there so couldn't pay the debts before leaving, so am having to pay them now)

I am hoping that things will be a little easier, and the UK visit is slightly more of a reality. However, thats with very low rent, and no kids. Must be very tough otherwise.
Old Aug 14th 2004, 9:29 am
ABCDiamond

More in the $1250 pw+ than I thought so far.

Old Aug 14th 2004, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

More in the $1250 pw+ than I thought so far.
Especially when you consider the average wage out here. I believe the average wage is in the $42k area, so if you poll is correct, many brits are coming here and doing very well for themselves.

Steve
Old Aug 14th 2004, 11:28 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by cookies
Especially when you consider the average wage out here. I believe the average wage is in the $42k area, so if you poll is correct, many brits are coming here and doing very well for themselves.

Steve
I suppose thinking about it, the brits coming over have to go through hoops to get here, and so may be better than the average ? Which is obviously what the Australian government would be wanting.

With 50% of the total so far being on more than $1,250 per week, it seems to point in that direction.

Old Aug 14th 2004, 1:03 pm
ABCDiamond

11pm and 19 votes so far. with 9 over $1,250pw. A surprising number.

Old Aug 14th 2004, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

was wondering if anybody knows what a hairdresser is likely to earn around the brisbane area,any information gratefully recieved,tracey.
11pm and 19 votes so far. with 9 over $1,250pw. A surprising number.
Old Aug 14th 2004, 9:53 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by scissors
was wondering if anybody knows what a hairdresser is likely to earn around the brisbane area,any information gratefully recieved,tracey.
I saw some jobs for hairdressers advertised in the local paper, and I think one mentioned the wage, i'll see if I can find it.

On the survey side:
I'd love to find out who the overnight voter is that earns over $1,250pw and is unhappy with that money

Old Aug 14th 2004, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that ABC. I appreciate it.

I saw some jobs for hairdressers advertised in the local paper, and I think one mentioned the wage, i'll see if I can find it.

On the survey side:
I'd love to find out who the overnight voter is that earns over $1,250pw and is unhappy with that money
Old Aug 14th 2004, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

lisaxxx will become famous soon enoughlisaxxx will become famous soon enough

I paid my senior hairdresser $673.00 pw (gross) plus 20% after her target of $2100 (which is just under 3x her wage + 9% for superannuation.) for a 40 hr or less week. This is the wage for a manager, but my senior doesn't manage.
This is about average, althought the award wage for senior hairdressers is $563.00 + $3.70 per hour extra for Sat and $22.23 per hour over 38 hours.
Lisa
Old Aug 14th 2004, 10:38 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know how much a mental health nurse earns per annum in Victoria?
I have over 5 years experience in the UK
Thanks Cas
Old Aug 14th 2004, 10:49 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Does anyone know how much a mental health nurse earns per annum in Victoria?
I have over 5 years experience in the UK
Thanks Cas
Caroline
If you are qualified for 5 years you will proably be on RN level 1 Point 5.

It varies from state to state. Should be around $42000-$45000 per annum at a guess.
Check on the state website for pay levels.

G
Old Aug 14th 2004, 11:04 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by lisaxxx
I paid my senior hairdresser $673.00 pw (gross) plus 20% after her target of $2100 (which is just under 3x her wage + 9% for superannuation.) for a 40 hr or less week. This is the wage for a manager, but my senior doesn't manage.
This is about average, althought the award wage for senior hairdressers is $563.00 + $3.70 per hour extra for Sat and $22.23 per hour over 38 hours.
Lisa
I haven't found the paper with the advert in, but i am 90% sure it said $685, which is close to the figure you mentioned.

Old Aug 14th 2004, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

lisaxxx will become famous soon enoughlisaxxx will become famous soon enough

I haven't found the paper with the advert in, but i am 90% sure it said $685, which is close to the figure you mentioned.
Hello ABCDiamond
Stefan (who are a large chain) are advertising $900 per week, but they work about 46 hrs per week and that would be commission included.
Lisa
Old Aug 14th 2004, 11:33 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by lisaxxx
Hello ABCDiamond
Stefan (who are a large chain) are advertising $900 per week, but they work about 46 hrs per week and that would be commission included.
Lisa
There's a Stefan in Capalaba, i've seen the wifes credit card receipts !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.