Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

wages (examples)

wages (examples)

Old Jan 25th 2005, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

ashlee1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default wages (examples)

any plumbers in any areas willing to share there wage to give a real estimate of the true earnings

also any other jobs i.e shop work electricians teachers etc
to try and help other out

thanks in advance
Old Jan 25th 2005, 9:37 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wages (examples)

Originally Posted by ashlee1980
any plumbers in any areas willing to share there wage to give a real estimate of the true earnings

thanks in advance
The Sparkies that do all the work on our jobs are a Brisbane mob and the rate for "on the books" is $17.70 p/h Rate for casual is $22 p/h but no holiday pay etc.
The plumber is self employed and his prices vary on every job so it wouldn't be fair to quote a rate for him. If he has to do any work on an hourly rate he charges $35 p/h which is about average.
Old Jan 25th 2005, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about

thanks in advance

My husband has just got his first plumibg job over here (Only got a provisional Licence), he doing a trial for a company on $28 per hr - to be reviewed at the end of the trial
Old Jan 26th 2005, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Hubby is a chippy when he was on the books he got 25 dollars an hour, self employed he can get between 30 -40 dollars an hour. He also works local. Which is good money for the coast.
Old Jan 26th 2005, 6:29 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

thanks in advance
if there is a big demand for a particular type of labour one can negotiate one's salary
Old Jan 26th 2005, 10:10 am
Just Joined

kmunce is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by walla1
if there is a big demand for a particular type of labour one can negotiate one's salary
How bout brickies?? My husband will be looking on the sunshine coast for work...
Old Jan 26th 2005, 10:50 am
MVFC

Carl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kmunce
How bout brickies?? My husband will be looking on the sunshine coast for work...
...and any idea of what the average hourly rate is for a sheet metal worker?
Old Jan 26th 2005, 10:55 am
Just Joined

shazza2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Carl B
...and any idea of what the average hourly rate is for a sheet metal worker?
hi has anybody got any idea of wto the hourly rate is for a painter and decorator in the brisbane area
Old Jan 26th 2005, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

wattle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shazza2003
hi has anybody got any idea of wto the hourly rate is for a painter and decorator in the brisbane area
when i was in australia 10 years ago no one had wallpaper, alot of windows were aluminium so didnt need painting etc. So unless things have changed alot or unless you were hoping to do contract work for new builds... i'm not sure what work you were hoping for...

now while were on teh subject - anyone know the wage for commercial floor layers/finishers?
Old Jan 26th 2005, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Lynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really nice

Originally Posted by wattle
when i was in australia 10 years ago no one had wallpaper, alot of windows were aluminium so didnt need painting etc. So unless things have changed alot or unless you were hoping to do contract work for new builds... i'm not sure what work you were hoping for...

now while were on teh subject - anyone know the wage for commercial floor layers/finishers?
I think it is really difficult to give comparisons, we are looking for wages for Car mechanics and have been looking at situations vaccant in brisbane. Lots of jobs no salaries given. The only help we can all get is from others who who are already in oz. !

THANX !
Old Jan 26th 2005, 5:44 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Carrianne
Hi,

Hubby is a chippy when he was on the books he got 25 dollars an hour, self employed he can get between 30 -40 dollars an hour. He also works local. Which is good money for the coast.
HI my other halfs a chippy $25 a hour is that about £8 thats bloody terrible half of what hes on here hate to think what unskilled wages are ie stacking shelves in woolies?

just answered my own question check this out

http://www.yesaustralia.com/trab-quantoing.htm

Last edited by possoms; Jan 26th 2005 at 5:50 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2005, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

marson will become famous soon enoughmarson will become famous soon enough
Default Re: wages (examples) Floorlayer

Originally Posted by wattle

Floor Layers!
As a matter of fact, yes, while on our reccie last April, we stayed in a Motel in Kangaroo Point, and a family had just started their new life and had in fact found work in a town called Carendale, just north of Brisbane.
After negotiation, a very long interview and all the proof of qualification and experience, the company arrived at a figure of AU$100,000 a year, which was less than he was paid in Portsmouth for the same job, but enough for his family.
Old Jan 27th 2005, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Possom,

I understand where you are coming from but please, try not to compare to U.K wages. it does not work like that. Hubby was on that in pounds in the U.K

Salaries are all relative, to cost of living and lifestyle to compare to the U.K as many do on this forum, makes no sense. Wait till you are here.

The Coast doesn't pay well at all, but 25 - 30 dollars is a reasonable wage.
Old Jan 27th 2005, 12:44 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Carrianne
Possom,

I understand where you are coming from but please, try not to compare to U.K wages. it does not work like that. Hubby was on that in pounds in the U.K

Salaries are all relative, to cost of living and lifestyle to compare to the U.K as many do on this forum, makes no sense. Wait till you are here.

The Coast doesn't pay well at all, but 25 - 30 dollars is a reasonable wage.

Completely agree - despite a payrise, I'm only slightly on more than I was in the UK. However, when I worked it out in terms of average wage etc, I'm actually better off. Its not just as simple as converting using the exchange rate, you need to take into consideration how much the lifestyle costs in dollars, while earning dollars
Old Jan 27th 2005, 12:55 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by possoms
HI my other halfs a chippy $25 a hour is that about £8 thats bloody terrible half of what hes on here hate to think what unskilled wages are ie stacking shelves in woolies?

just answered my own question check this out

http://www.yesaustralia.com/trab-quantoing.htm
That link quotes average wages for 2001
The average wage in Australia for a worker (2001 census) is A$ 464 per week.
Current Average Weekly Earnings figures from Australian Bureau of Statistics are:

Private sector Full-time adult total earnings $978.30 pw
Public sector Full-time adult total earnings $1,099.10 pw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.