Wages

Old May 30th 2007, 12:13 pm
visa granted 6th August

stevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to all
Default Wages

Hi all was just looking for a bit of advice i have just been offered a job in Adelaide as a air conditioning engineer. The rate of pay is $28 per hour is that a good rate of pay for Australia.

cheers steve
Old May 31st 2007, 2:49 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wages

Originally Posted by stevelaird
Hi all was just looking for a bit of advice i have just been offered a job in Adelaide as a air conditioning engineer. The rate of pay is $28 per hour is that a good rate of pay for Australia.

cheers steve
The more important question would be is that enough for you?

Assuming 28*40hrs*52 weeks and paying 9% super, your take home will be $3475/month
Old May 31st 2007, 2:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the previous poster but for comparison, my hubby works as a sparky in a factory (on shifts, so includes shift allowance) for $30 per hour plus 9% super on top. This is also Adeliade.

He went for a job as a lift engineer when we first arrived and without an electrical licence was offered $48k per year (which included 9% super!)
Old May 31st 2007, 5:57 am
visa granted 6th August

stevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to all

HI all yes it is 40 hours per week and does include 9% super. Alsothe chance for lots of over time. sick pay and holiday pay but what i was asking is $28 about the normal wage or under cheers steve
Old May 31st 2007, 6:01 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

HI all yes it is 40 hours per week and does include 9% super. Alsothe chance for lots of over time. sick pay and holiday pay but what i was asking is $28 about the normal wage or under cheers steve
Well this was the only air conditioning engineer job in Adelaide I could find and it doesn't mention the pay rate. Perhaps you could ask them, unless these are already the people offering you $28/hour.

http://jobs.careerone.com.au/texis/j...&view=1&page=1

Something similar in NSW offered $50-60k and in QLD low $50's but 17% super on top (uni). So $28 seems about right

Last edited by jayr; May 31st 2007 at 6:05 am.
Old May 31st 2007, 6:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say it looks about average for the job you do.
Old May 31st 2007, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Here's the award rates (if you can understand them )

http://www.wagenet.gov.au/Wagenet/Se...16&quickview=Y