Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

WA Tops Table For Assault and Burglary

WA Tops Table For Assault and Burglary

Old Feb 17th 2018, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WA Tops Table For Assault and Burglary

Troubadour, thank you for your posts. I don't always agree with you but I respect your attempts to stimulate discussion which you are usually able to do. If others don't like it, they can just not participate in the thread, rather than come on here and bash people for posting a topic or on a subject they don't like.

In regional WA, I know that Kalgoorlie - and surprisingly, Busselton - often come out tops in the table for these types of crime. Busselton does have a seedy side to it.

Pollyanna, as you said you used to be with the Police, I would be interested in any comments you have regarding regional crime. Here in the regions there is a perception that drug crimes, and things like break-ins have become out-of-control and there police are copping a lot of heat for it.
Old Feb 17th 2018, 11:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WA Tops Table For Assault and Burglary

Originally Posted by carcajou
Troubadour, thank you for your posts. I don't always agree with you but I respect your attempts to stimulate discussion which you are usually able to do. If others don't like it, they can just not participate in the thread, rather than come on here and bash people for posting a topic or on a subject they don't like.

In regional WA, I know that Kalgoorlie - and surprisingly, Busselton - often come out tops in the table for these types of crime. Busselton does have a seedy side to it.

Pollyanna, as you said you used to be with the Police, I would be interested in any comments you have regarding regional crime. Here in the regions there is a perception that drug crimes, and things like break-ins have become out-of-control and there police are copping a lot of heat for it.
Cheers for endorsement carcajoy. My first thought would be indeed along your lines of thinking. That being why bother to comment on a post or subject matter that you don't agree with, have no interest in, or fail to fathom.
I'm afraid there is a 'clique' if that is the correct term in such circumstances, that come down very severely when they feel Perth is being slighted, regardless of how mild or unable to debate and respect other opinion. I guess more used to the 'gentler' world of Facebook, where nothing much is said and certainly not in the form of debate.

But moving on from people upsetting themselves, crime is/or should be a subject of at least minimal interest to those perhaps becoming aware for the first time, Perth/WA/Australia is not some golden Lotus Land, of eternal sunshine, smiling children and happy people, sometimes portrayed on British TV perhaps.

It neither some Bad lands frontier state/city either. Just a normal sort of place, with its fair share of struggling people where crime is also rather well known and people get on making a living the best they can as most other places.

Those that prefer the read only sunny, over positive texts quite probably should maintain there fantasy world by going elsewhere.