WA Quarantine

Old May 2nd 2012, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

livvyg has a spectacular aura aboutlivvyg has a spectacular aura aboutlivvyg has a spectacular aura about
Default WA Quarantine

I am about to move to WA from Qld this coming June, I have just found out that my container containing all my furniture will have to be inspected by quarantine as it will contain a road bike. This seems a bit strange to me seeing as surely the bike could effectively just be riden across the border, but oh well they are the rules!

But I was just wondering what type of quarantine we can expect driving across the border, is there any border control on the highways and if so do they stop and search the vehicle/and or make you sign a quarantine declaration? Im not planning on doing anything dodgy, just curious.
Id hate to get on the wrong side of quarantine as i remember getting a severe telling off for forgetting to declare a wooden photo frame in my luggage when we emigrated (didnt get fined though luckily!)

Thanks
Liv
Old May 2nd 2012, 6:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WA Quarantine

That's just bizarre. A kid at our school did a cross country cycle (Perth to home) for charity a year or so ago, he certainly wasn't stopped and checked at each border. We have a QLD/NSW border stop down the road, off the main drag for trucks carrying fruit and veg and horses type trucks, I don't know how many of them actually get stopped and checked but normal trucks, semi trailers, cars and bikes definitely don't get stopped.
Old May 2nd 2012, 6:08 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
That's just bizarre. A kid at our school did a cross country cycle (Perth to home) for charity a year or so ago, he certainly wasn't stopped and checked at each border. We have a QLD/NSW border stop down the road, off the main drag for trucks carrying fruit and veg and horses type trucks, I don't know how many of them actually get stopped and checked but normal trucks, semi trailers, cars and bikes definitely don't get stopped.
The NT/WA border has a big checkpoint you have to go through. If your vehicle is muddy they won't let you in to WA.
Old May 2nd 2012, 6:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
The NT/WA border has a big checkpoint you have to go through. If your vehicle is muddy they won't let you in to WA.
like the mud changes from one side of the line to the other. How do they stop the wind blowing dust over?
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:45 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
like the mud changes from one side of the line to the other. How do they stop the wind blowing dust over?
Exactly, I just put it down to excessive govt. waste or perhaps a make work scheme for the locals.