Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

WA Election - who voted?

Wikiposts

WA Election - who voted?

Old Feb 26th 2005, 12:41 am
PommieLeague

Default WA Election - who voted?

Im sure theres a few who voted in the 'rigged' state election?
So far 'Doctor' Gallop is here to stay
This guy sucks!
Has no idea nor desire to deal with Perth's water problem, more interested from my viewpoint in making himself look good and a rugby union fan makes me cringe.

So much for democracy

Old Feb 26th 2005, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice
Default Re: WA Election - who voted?

Originally Posted by Lathlain
Im sure theres a few who voted in the 'rigged' state election?
So far 'Doctor' Gallop is here to stay
This guy sucks!
Has no idea nor desire to deal with Perth's water problem, more interested from my viewpoint in making himself look good and a rugby union fan makes me cringe.

So much for democracy
yeah I voted..I have to, we are all FORCED into voting...there isn't even an "abstain" box for you to tick

"Dr" Gallop may be an arse but have you seen the other guy??? I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him, he's such a numpty!! Apparently, he's made the decision on a lot of things...he just can't seem to be able to tell us how he's able to lower taxes yet fund everything he's made decisions about!! hmmm...
As for the others well they're not even in the race are they...lets face it!! Last election I voted for the Non-Custodial Parents party... I liked the sound of them...unfortunately there wasn't a box for them this time!

I did vote yes for more shopping tho! When am I supposed to do my shoe shopping if not on a weekend??!!

love sophia xx
Old Feb 26th 2005, 1:16 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sophia
yeah I voted..I have to, we are all FORCED into voting...there isn't even an "abstain" box for you to tick

"Dr" Gallop may be an arse but have you seen the other guy??? I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him, he's such a numpty!! Apparently, he's made the decision on a lot of things...he just can't seem to be able to tell us how he's able to lower taxes yet fund everything he's made decisions about!! hmmm...
As for the others well they're not even in the race are they...lets face it!! Last election I voted for the Non-Custodial Parents party... I liked the sound of them...unfortunately there wasn't a box for them this time!

I did vote yes for more shopping tho! When am I supposed to do my shoe shopping if not on a weekend??!!

love sophia xx
You can always spoil your paper

Note to folks moving out here. You only HAVE to vote if you are registered. If you're not registered then you dont have to vote.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

Stef :) is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=sophia]yeah I voted..I have to, we are all FORCED into voting...there isn't even an "abstain" box for you to tick

That's why they fight over who gets to be first on the ballot paper... they call it the 'donkey vote'.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 2:42 am
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by sophia

love sophia xx
I cant vote yet so it doesnt apply to me yet but someone told me as long as you turn up and be crossed of the list at the polling station, you can keep the form blank.

Who voted on the shopping referendum? I think they should extend it all.

Old Feb 26th 2005, 2:48 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lathlain
I cant vote yet so it doesnt apply to me yet but someone told me as long as you turn up and be crossed of the list at the polling station, you can keep the form blank.

Who voted on the shopping referendum? I think they should extend it all.
Neither hubby or I voted, I cant cos I m not a citizen and he is not registered as he has been out of the country for 4 years.

Never want to vote in this country, I know bugger all about politics but I really dont see how they can call it a democracy if you cannot have a no vote (it goes to the government in power) and if you vote a party who do not get into the top 2 that vote also goes to the party in power. (PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF THIS IS INCORRECT BUT THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY THE LOCAL AUSSIES)

However if I could vote I would have voted NO in the referendum, Yep it was easier to shop in the UK due to the opening hours but there were no butchers, bakers, greengrocers, little hardware shops etc etc left cos they had gone out of business as the Supermarkets had all the business. I like having them shops again and would hate to see them go and am now hapilly used to the fact that I cant go shopping on a Sunday, it is only one day out of seven afterall.

Kala
Old Feb 26th 2005, 3:09 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Never want to vote in this country, I know bugger all about politics but I really dont see how they can call it a democracy if you cannot have a no vote (it goes to the government in power) and if you vote a party who do not get into the top 2 that vote also goes to the party in power. (PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF THIS IS INCORRECT BUT THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY THE LOCAL AUSSIES)
Something like that. I only ever voted once before I left Aus for the UK, and voted Green.... laster found out it was a waste of time as all their votes had gone to Labour or something.... dunno if they chose to give them to labour or if it`s like you say. Basically imo the whole vote thing in Aus is a joke. It`s half a democracy. I`ll still vote again in future as politics influences EVERYTHING in your life, and it`s better to have a little say than no say at all.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

i opened this post out of interest to see if the poster could manage not to mention RL. AND HE DID!! but he let himself down right at the end there with a minor swing about union, so only 6/10 in the end.

I live in bob carr's constituancy in NSW. I love election time, all of a sudden we get the buses with aircon. it only lasts 3 weeks though. once the votes are in it's back to the old ones...and really I'm not kidding.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 10:28 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad Gallop won, Barnett would have bankrupted the state. As Sophia said you can't promise billions in spending on a canal that hasn't even had a feasibility study done AND cut taxes.

We would have ended up having to take our own household waste to the landfill.

I'm also glad the multi million dollar advertising campaign by Coles and Woolworths didn't fool West Australias either. I was appalled when I discovered the checkout chick at Dewsons (which, bizarrely IS allowed to open on Sundays a public holidays) wasn't getting paid overtime for working on Australia Day.

Familes and sports clubs, things we hold dear like the Surf Lifesaving Association would all have suffered so as people could have more "choice".
Old Feb 26th 2005, 10:52 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

The canal did strike me as a stalinist style grand plan. Looks like de-salination all the way for Perth.

Bob Carr is copping a lot of heat over land taxes and the miserable train system. Brogden has said nothing to differentiate himself from Carr on the trains so I think the same crap will happen whoever is in here.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 11:00 am
Just Joined

Maldepays will become famous soon enough

I'm glad Labor got in too....little Colin appears far too shifty for my liking, like an estate agent or something.

And I voted No to extended shopping.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 1:31 pm
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by RichS
i opened this post out of interest to see if the poster could manage not to mention RL. AND HE DID!! but he let himself down right at the end there with a minor swing about union, so only 6/10 in the end.
So! Im a League fan and our sport doesnt get a fair crack of the whip from people like him. Gallop promises to pump in $25 million to the Super 14 side, yet zilch was given to help the Western Reds stay! No wonder i despise rugby yawnion.

Old Feb 26th 2005, 1:43 pm
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by renth
I'm glad Gallop won, Barnett would have bankrupted the state. As Sophia said you can't promise billions in spending on a canal that hasn't even had a feasibility study done AND cut taxes.

We would have ended up having to take our own household waste to the landfill.

I'm also glad the multi million dollar advertising campaign by Coles and Woolworths didn't fool West Australias either. I was appalled when I discovered the checkout chick at Dewsons (which, bizarrely IS allowed to open on Sundays a public holidays) wasn't getting paid overtime for working on Australia Day.

Familes and sports clubs, things we hold dear like the Surf Lifesaving Association would all have suffered so as people could have more "choice".
So what happens when we run out of water? What is Gallop doing about that? Zilch!

And very sad we will remain 50 years behind the rest of the western world regarding daylight savings, extended shopping hours etc! Absolute joke.
Just like the idiots who will vote to keep Tony Blair in. He puts up taxes every 5 minutes, doesnt give a sh*t about the level of tax in petrol, branding everyone a terrorist so he can bring in his beloved ID cards, yet people moan about but will vote him in!

Same with Gallop. A guy who is ripping off WA, yet 'oh hes a good man'. What fools you are.

Old Feb 26th 2005, 2:30 pm
up the boro!

denhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant future

i wish i could of voted. i`d of definetly of voted for longer shopping hours and sunday shopping. i work 12 hour shifts so it would be nice to be able to nip down to the supermarket for some food for my tea should i not have time on a sat afternoon to stock my cupboards. lately i only have chance to shop at dingy little dewsons on a sunday and pay more because they are the only supermarket open on a sunday. even if they only opened up for 6 hours on a sunday it would be a big help.

you just have to go to harbour town on a sunday to see how popular sunday trading is

heres hoping that people said yes yes and perth takes its 1st step towards the 21st century. next on the list...bring in day light saving...
Old Feb 26th 2005, 2:31 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayDeee

Kala
No the preferences dont go to the Party in power. Each party can nominate who there preferences go to in each electrate and also you can choose your preferences yourself .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.