Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

WA - Area advise please

WA - Area advise please

Old Jan 26th 2008, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

rainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nice
Default WA - Area advise please

hello want to move to WA not sure of area but any advise would be appreciated

 Areas – We are looking for an area with cheap housing/nr town/nr beach/jobs/schools/developing?
 We have been looking at Bunbury – can you tell us anything about that area

thanks
Old Jan 26th 2008, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of
Default Re: WA - Area advise please

We live in Mandurah. Not cheap though but cheaper than Perth..

Karen
Old Jan 28th 2008, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nice

I asked about areas in WA outside of Perth and got some really good feedback here
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

rainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nice

thankyou, its great to hear all your comments, experience is more value than any book!! looking forward to being there, everyday i dream of it! thanks again x
Old Feb 1st 2008, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

webb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nice

Originally Posted by rainyandtom

 Areas – We are looking for an area with cheap housing/nr town/nr beach/jobs/schools/developing?

thanks
Hiya

My partner and I moved to Bunbury from Glasgow in October last year and absolutely love it. The beaches are gorgeous, there are plenty of shops, restaurants, cafe's and pubs. There is a cinema, sports centre, ten pin bowling, race course. So basically everything you need without living in a city. There is a good ex-pats community here and there is always someone free to meet up for coffee of a daytime and to help if you need advice on anything.

There are plenty of jobs, but it would depend on what your looking for try southwest.thewest.com.au, it's a site for a local newspaper, it also has a real estate page. Housing here is cheaper than Mandurah and Perth. Places to stay away from in Bunbury are Carey Park and Withers, the house prices are cheaper but the areas are not good, the rest of Bunbury is ok. Good places are Eaton, Australind and Dalyellup.

My OH and I stay in Eaton and are renting at the moment, but do intend to buy and stay in Eaton. It has it's own shopping centre, good schools and a sports centre. Bunbury town centre is only a 10mins drive away as are the beaches. There is also a shopping centre in Australind and good schools.

Hope some of the above is of use to you and if you decide to come to Bunbury, let me know on this site and I'll help all I can.

Angie
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all

webb50, your link doesn't work !
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all

this eaton place looks cheaper than ballajura were we are heading coz we have never been to either do you know whihc is the best value for money aswe are unsure as to were we should go????

sorry for the hi jack
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

webb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nicewebb50 is just really nice

Originally Posted by BATS666
webb50, your link doesn't work !
It works for me at this end, maybe you should check you've put it in right, other than that I can't explain it. Sorry!!!!

Angie
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gerry
this eaton place looks cheaper than ballajura were we are heading coz we have never been to either do you know whihc is the best value for money aswe are unsure as to were we should go????

sorry for the hi jack
Hi Gerry

Sorry I can't help on this occasion as I'd never heard of ballajua be4 now, but on checking the web I now know it's a suburb of Perth, so might be more expensive than Bunbury.

Angie
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

kirrane is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rainyandtom

thanks
come to kalgoorlie its great
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by webb50
It works for me at this end, maybe you should check you've put it in right, other than that I can't explain it. Sorry!!!!

Angie
Ah, shouldn't have cut & pasted the comma at the end. Derrr....
Got it now thanks!
P
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kirrane
come to kalgoorlie its great
Yes Hay street is very accommodating.

keel
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all

ok cheers thinking of bunbury now lol eaton i think its called??
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gerry
ok cheers thinking of bunbury now lol eaton i think its called??
Yes Gerry come to Eaton, it's lovely. We're a friendly bunch and meet up regularly, so if you need to know anything, there's loads of people to ask.

Angie
Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

sarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by webb50
Yes Gerry come to Eaton, it's lovely. We're a friendly bunch and meet up regularly, so if you need to know anything, there's loads of people to ask.

Angie
Bunbury, Eaton, Australind Daleyellup all lovely places. Good luck in deciding, let us know where you end up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.