Wa

Old Sep 21st 2006, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

firn will become famous soon enough
Default Wa

Hi, Anyone out there who can tell me about the Bunbury, Brunswick and Donnybrook areas of WA. Good and bad bits would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Nick.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Wa

Brunswick is 10 or 15 km north of Bunbury, a very small town set in the countyside on the inland road to Perth. It has a large rail depot I believe, goods not passenger. I drive through it and it seems a nice enough sort of place.
Bunbury is a very large town, this brings the good and bad that any large town brings. Most people from the country down here use Bunbury as the main shopping centre, no end of shops, and plenty to do.
Bunbury is surrounded by small towns, Australind, Eaton, Collie and several others.
Hope this helps a bit
Old Sep 21st 2006, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute

Both Brunswick and Donnybrook are lovely rural areas not far from Bunbury. Good schools, lots of wide open spaces and fresh air. Very community spirited and fast becoming more popular with those wishing to escape the high density lifstyle. Both seem to have been settled early on by Italian families, particularly Donnybrook which has many orchards of citrus and apples.
I have family who live on a small holding a couple of miles south of Donnybrook - they, and a lot of their neighbours on similar size acreage are producing organic crops of fruit, vegetables, herbs, etc. A fabulous, healthy lifestyle within a welcoming community - ideal if that is what you are hoping for. Personally, I prefer Donnybrook, mainly due to its proximity to other beautiful towns like Balingup and Bridgetown, Nannup and beyond. It is worth checking out.
Hope I haven't just priced myself out of the market!
Old Sep 21st 2006, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by firn
Hi, Anyone out there who can tell me about the Bunbury, Brunswick and Donnybrook areas of WA. Good and bad bits would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Nick.
Hi Nick,

We are also looking at bunbury. Try looking at these:

www.thewest.com.au
www.bunbury.wa.gov.au

If you need anymore info I will help if I can.

Nici
Old Sep 21st 2006, 1:13 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Santa
Brunswick is 10 or 15 km north of Bunbury, a very small town set in the countyside on the inland road to Perth. It has a large rail depot I believe, goods not passenger. I drive through it and it seems a nice enough sort of place.
Bunbury is a very large town, this brings the good and bad that any large town brings. Most people from the country down here use Bunbury as the main shopping centre, no end of shops, and plenty to do.
Bunbury is surrounded by small towns, Australind, Eaton, Collie and several others.
Hope this helps a bit
A couple of times I have seen you post about the size/traffic etc of Bunbury.
We live just outside Bunbury in Dalyellup and I suppose it depends where you have come from, we are from SE London, but Bunbury is not a very large town.
We have just been into town, late night shopping, and we were through every light at first change, not like back home when you could sit through 20 changes without crossing the junction, no problems parking and no hassle in the shops.
We have a cinema, theatre and pretty much whatever shop or service you need but the whole CBD/shopping area would only take you a few minutes to drive through, I mean this in a good way.

Kevin
Old Sep 21st 2006, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinl
A couple of times I have seen you post about the size/traffic etc of Bunbury.
We live just outside Bunbury in Dalyellup and I suppose it depends where you have come from, we are from SE London, but Bunbury is not a very large town.
We have just been into town, late night shopping, and we were through every light at first change, not like back home when you could sit through 20 changes without crossing the junction, no problems parking and no hassle in the shops.
We have a cinema, theatre and pretty much whatever shop or service you need but the whole CBD/shopping area would only take you a few minutes to drive through, I mean this in a good way.

Kevin
Hi Kevin,

Where in england would you say is the size of Bunbury?
Do you know anywhere in Essex at all? We are looking for somewhere laid back and quiet not at all like London, so do you think Bunbury is for us!!

Nici
Old Sep 21st 2006, 5:54 pm
Essex Staffy

daveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kato33
Hi Kevin,

Where in england would you say is the size of Bunbury?
Do you know anywhere in Essex at all? We are looking for somewhere laid back and quiet not at all like London, so do you think Bunbury is for us!!

Nici
Hi there dont know about Bunbury I havent been there but I would say Fremantle is the size of chelmsford, so maybe try to find the size of fremantle compared to bunbury and hopefully this will give you some idea
Dave in Essex