Adelaide
15.26%
Other
3.16%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Vote for Brisbane Sydney Perth Adelaide Melbourne other

Old Sep 12th 2002, 12:17 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by susmac:
I often wonder why Perth is so popular, I've been there and its nice enough but so isolated . If you are going from yhe UK what makes you choose Perth?
Because POMS feel safety in numbers , some citys in UK have less British born people in them than Perth .
Manchester by the sea without as much rain , I know more about Liverpool than parts of Australia thanks to the so called locals.
Old Sep 12th 2002, 12:19 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth?

Originally posted by Devlin:
What is the attraction to Perth? It's just an un-cultured over-grown country town!
God you do know Perth , I thought I was the only clear thinker on this site proved wrong again.
Old Sep 12th 2002, 2:50 pm
Dave

Default Re: Vote for Brisbane Sydney Perth Adelaide Melbourne other

pommie bastard <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by Devlin:
    > > What is the attraction to Perth? It's just an un-cultured over-grown
    > > country town!
    > God you do know Perth , I thought I was the only clear thinker on this site proved
    > wrong again.

I love Perth and one of the reasons I'm going to Perth is because I'm an uncultured
country boy. I'm going to get a V8, I like getting pissed, I'm going to do a lot of
windsurfing, I'm a big AC/DC fan and I don't give a shit about orchestras and
theatres. I'm going to love it there.

Old Sep 12th 2002, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

thewilk is just really nicethewilk is just really nicethewilk is just really nicethewilk is just really nicethewilk is just really nicethewilk is just really nicethewilk is just really nicethewilk is just really nice

I love Perth and one of the reasons I'm going to Perth is because I'm an uncultured
country boy. I'm going to get a V8, I like getting pissed, I'm going to do a lot of
[/QUOTE]

Nice One Dave
Couldn't agree more! getting an HSV Commadore + Yam R1, like getting pissed, love metal, wish you were my next door neighbour! Although its unlikely cos were off to Brissie!
Old Sep 12th 2002, 11:34 pm
Banned

[/QUOTE]

Hope you get visa okay , the locals here will love you Perth sounds your type of place , your skills seem well up to requirements any good at burn outs with V8 cars , best times after midnight loads of pals will play with you.
Hopefully I've left before you get here , but best of luck.
Old Sep 13th 2002, 5:43 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pommie bastard:
Hope you get visa okay , the locals here will love you Perth sounds your type of place , your skills seem well up to requirements any good at burn outs with V8 cars , best times after midnight loads of pals will play with you.
Hopefully I've left before you get here , but best of luck. [/QUOTE]

I've got other skills too - I've got my visa.

I don't think I'll be hanging out doing burnouts though. Having said that 15 years ago I would definitely been up for some of that.

Here is a question for any fathers out there heading to Perth soon. Anyone facy coming out to see some Skimpies?

Dave
Old Sep 13th 2002, 6:35 am
Banned

Originally posted by renth:

Hopefully I've left before you get here , but best of luck.

I've got other skills too - I've got my visa.

I don't think I'll be hanging out doing burnouts though. Having said that 15 years ago I would definitely been up for some of that.

Here is a question for any fathers out there heading to Perth soon. Anyone facy coming out to see some Skimpies?

Dave [/QUOTE]

Off to a local taven run by some bikies has best Skimpies and strippers in town ,
Some of the girls are even over 16 years old , this town has it all great brothels , massage parlours , street walkers , strip clubs,peep shows and even swingers clubs everthing a man could ever want.
:PARTY:
Old Sep 13th 2002, 1:57 pm
Thunder Ace

pommie bastard <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I love Perth and one of the reasons I'm going to Perth is because I'm an uncultured
    > country boy. I'm going to get a V8, I like getting pissed, I'm going to do a lot of
    > windsurfing, I'm a big AC/DC fan and I don't give a shit about orchestras and
    > theatres. I'm going to love it there.
    > >
    > Hope you get visa okay , the locals here will love you Perth sounds your type of
    > place , your skills seem well up to requirements any good at burn outs with V8 cars
    > , best times after midnight loads of pals will play with you. Hopefully I've left
    > before you get here , but best of luck.

You're slipping PB. "After midnight" is any time of the day except midnight.

Thunder Ace

Old Sep 22nd 2002, 2:22 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Just interesting to note the difference in this site response to the poll, compared to https://www.austimeline.com/austime/...s.jsp?pollId=1

The majority of people emigrating to australia move to Melbourne and Syndey, as reflected in govenment studies, and reflected in the austimeline one but not this forum. Do we not vote the same on this forum or is it totally reflective of the vocal views only? Just asking.

Cheers
Old Sep 23rd 2002, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

The austimeline poll has 323 entries on it and are from all over the world. The poll on this site is generally aimed at British migrants. I would image there would be a different profile overall.

Perhaps Brits go for different reasons and want to escape the fast pace, big cities. want cheaper cost of living is my big aim and can't get that in Sydney.

Other migrants from Far East and Middle East want fast pace, challenge, properity etc. They are probably younger aswell and are IT applicants.

Or am I wrong?

Mash.......

Originally posted by Sandra:
Just interesting to note the difference in this site response to the poll, compared to https://www.austimeline.com/austime/...s.jsp?pollId=1

The majority of people emigrating to australia move to Melbourne and Syndey, as reflected in govenment studies, and reflected in the austimeline one but not this forum. Do we not vote the same on this forum or is it totally reflective of the vocal views only? Just asking.

Cheers
Old Sep 23rd 2002, 1:09 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mashiraz:
Other migrants from Far East and Middle East want fast pace, challenge, properity etc. They are probably younger aswell and are IT applicants.
I would imagine Australia's pace of life won't be much faster than that of places such as Singapore, Hong Kong or Japan
Old Sep 24th 2002, 3:23 am
Stevo

Originally posted by Gareth W:
I guess a lot of people choose Perth because of the climate and also the property prices. I think Perth gets more sunshine than any other state capital (dry heat too - no humidity like Queensland). Possibly because of its isolation, property is much cheaper than most of the East Coast too so people can enjoy a large house at low cost too.

I've never lived in Perth for any period of time so I can't say whether the isolation will get to me. There are 1.4 million people in the Perth area so its not like you're going to go days without seeing anyone ! As I type this, I aren't thinking "Thank GOD Sheffield is just down the road!" so maybe I won't get "cabin fever" over in Perth because of the isolation.

We'll know by this time next year !
I have lived in Perth for the last 12 yrs and you are spot on with the comments about the weather and house prices.
As for the isolation getting you down, I guess it depends on what you want from life. We came from West Yorks and were going to go to Sydney but rellies there said that Perth was the place for young families...so we came here and have never regretted a thing. It's not as comercial as over east but I think that's a good thing, as the kids learn to appreciate the simpler things in life.

Old Sep 24th 2002, 3:35 am
Stevo

Originally posted by Gareth W:
I guess a lot of people choose Perth because of the climate and also the property prices. I think Perth gets more sunshine than any other state capital (dry heat too - no humidity like Queensland). Possibly because of its isolation, property is much cheaper than most of the East Coast too so people can enjoy a large house at low cost too.

I've never lived in Perth for any period of time so I can't say whether the isolation will get to me. There are 1.4 million people in the Perth area so its not like you're going to go days without seeing anyone ! As I type this, I aren't thinking "Thank GOD Sheffield is just down the road!" so maybe I won't get "cabin fever" over in Perth because of the isolation.

We'll know by this time next year !
I have lived in Perth for the last 12 yrs and you are spot on with the comments about the weather and house prices.
As for the isolation getting you down, I guess it depends on what you want from life. We came from West Yorks and were going to go to Sydney but rellies there said that Perth was the place for young families...so we came here and have never regretted a thing. It's not as comercial as over east but I think that's a good thing, as the kids learn to appreciate the simpler things in life.

Old Sep 24th 2002, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Stevo
That's great to hear. We have a 3 year old and hope to have another quite soon after arriving. It is very very important to me that the quality of life i can offer my children is far better than here.

Any handy hints for moving with hyper kids gratefully received!

Keep up the positive postings.

Nicky
Old Sep 24th 2002, 11:39 pm
Stevo

Originally posted by NickyTurner:
Thanks Stevo
That's great to hear. We have a 3 year old and hope to have another quite soon after arriving. It is very very important to me that the quality of life i can offer my children is far better than here.

Any handy hints for moving with hyper kids gratefully received!

Keep up the positive postings.

Nicky
Nicky,
When you arrive, firstly get the BIBLE(Perth street directory). Then a car. Find a rental house in a suburb you fancy preferably near a Kindie, as that is where you should send your 3yr old to get to know other kids and also a good place to meet other mothers who will be a great source of information to you.
Good luck with the flight....when we came ours were 4 and 18months...and it wasn't a nice experience. Thank god it was only 1 way...lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.