Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Volatile dollar still has US70¢ in sights

Volatile dollar still has US70¢ in sights

Old Jul 23rd 2003, 4:17 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Volatile dollar still has US70¢ in sights

Welcome news the rubber dollar is still tipped for a bounce up so get your quids changed now no worries though in 12 months it could hit the floor again such is the Australian bull economy its built on shifting sand.

THE Australian dollar may be poised for another assault on US70¢ after yesterday spiking US½¢ higher.

The currency, riding a wave of volatility in recent weeks, surged to a high of US65.43¢ as the greenback weakened after disappointing US corporate results dented confidence in its economic recovery.

It retreated to close in Perth at US65.32¢, still short of its monthly high of US68.47¢ on July 7 but well up on its low of US64.43¢ last Friday.

It was holding its gains in early European trading last night at US65.42¢.
http://www.thewest.com.au/20030723/b...sto106077.html

Old Jul 23rd 2003, 4:19 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Volatile dollar still has US70¢ in sights

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Welcome news the rubber dollar is still tipped for a bounce up so get your quids changed now no worries though in 12 months it could hit the floor again such is the Australian bull economy its built on shifting sand.
You're not happy when it's low, you're not happy when it's high. Nope, the Mickey Mouse dollar doesn't satisfy you one way or the other.

Peter
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 4:23 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ptlabs
You're not happy when it's low, you're not happy when it's high. Nope, the Mickey Mouse dollar doesn't satisfy you one way or the other.

Peter
Right now I am over the moon if it goes back to the rate I got coming 2-1 even better.
The Australian exports will be hit by a higher dollar and unemployment will rise also the national debt will sky rocket but do I care not a jot.
If you have an economy based on primary production you are bound to get big swings in the exchange rate , so suck it and see.

Old Jul 23rd 2003, 5:18 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Right now I am over the moon if it goes back to the rate I got coming 2-1 even better.
The Australian exports will be hit by a higher dollar and unemployment will rise also the national debt will sky rocket but do I care not a jot.
If you have an economy based on primary production you are bound to get big swings in the exchange rate , so suck it and see.

HoHoHo! The US economy is based on technology puffer fraudsters and the $US swings like Tarzan with Jane indelicately attached.
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 5:21 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Megalania
HoHoHo! The US economy is based on technology puffer fraudsters and the $US swings like Tarzan with Jane indelicately attached.
Wonders never cease...a lizard makes me laugh!

Technology puffer fraudsters...you old lizards are a crack
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 5:21 am
Banned

The world trades in US dollars and laughs at Mickey Mouse Rubber Dollars .

Old Jul 23rd 2003, 5:30 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

The world trades in US dollars and laughs at Mickey Mouse Rubber Dollars .

Used to trade in Sterling until it rusted and blew away in the wind.
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 5:32 am
Banned

Used to trade in Sterling until it rusted and blew away in the wind.
What was that about past golries which Australia has never reached, roll on the Euro bugger the money changers.

Old Jul 23rd 2003, 5:40 am
Banned

What was that about past golries which Australia has never reached, roll on the Euro bugger the money changers.

Genuine Ancient Sumerian (Babylonian, Mesopotamian) Shell Money, approximately 3000 B.C.

The Euro will go the same way.
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 5:45 am
Banned

Genuine Ancient Sumerian (Babylonian, Mesopotamian) Shell Money, approximately 3000 B.C.

We shall see if either you or I last 5000 years but I will bet on the Euro will outlast either of us , odds of 100-1 against the same result.

Old Jul 23rd 2003, 5:49 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

What's the exchange rate on this Sumerian Shell Money?

Might hedge into some Derivative Instruments or Forward Contracts.
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 6:38 am
Banned

You clueless refugees, they have you coveting beads lodged on deposit.

Why do you covert lucre? Because you out breed your resources and must scrabble to adopt deadly technologies the better for curtailing the covetousness of your neighbours. You are on an accelerating treadmill to doom. Lucre is the lubricant of your technology treadmill.
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 6:44 am
Banned

You clueless refugees, they have you coveting beads lodged on deposit.

Why do you covert lucre? Because you out breed your resources and must scrabble to adopt deadly technologies the better for curtailing the covetousness of your neighbours. You are on an accelerating treadmill to doom. Lucre is the lubricant of your technology treadmill.
Must post that to the local council if you do not mind , then the bank and all those seekers of my pickings.
Pray stand for PM you have my vote.

Old Jul 23rd 2003, 6:49 am
Banned

Must post that to the local council if you do not mind , then the bank and all those seekers of my pickings.
Pray stand for PM you have my vote.

I reserve copyright, send royalties to:
Me,
Beyond the Black Stump.
Old Jul 23rd 2003, 6:54 am
Banned

I reserve copyright, send royalties to:
Me,
Beyond the Black Stump.
Just printed it up will atempt to to put the case to the OB first if this works I will sort you out with , bugger me what not cash?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.