Reload this Page >

Vodafone vs Telsta Mobile Providers

Vodafone vs Telsta Mobile Providers

Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:24 pm
On Our Way in Nov!

kbdb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vodafone vs Telsta Mobile Providers

Hi

Just wondering how these two rate up. We'll be bringing our mobiles, which are currently locked to Vodafone, but wondering which is the best provider to go with (and whether to get phones unlocked here before we leave).

Also, do any companies do something similar to the Virgin Packages over there. For example, get TV, Broadband, Phone under one package ?

Cheers

KAREN
Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vodafone vs Telsta Mobile Providers

Originally Posted by kbdb
Hi

Just wondering how these two rate up. We'll be bringing our mobiles, which are currently locked to Vodafone, but wondering which is the best provider to go with (and whether to get phones unlocked here before we leave).

Also, do any companies do something similar to the Virgin Packages over there. For example, get TV, Broadband, Phone under one package ?

Cheers

KAREN
Best thing to do is have your phones unlocked anyway, then you have a choice. I use vodafone, haven't had any problems with them. Not used anyone else so can't comment on them.

You can sign up with place like Optus, who do BB, phone, mobile etc all in one plans. Not sure if they do TV as I don't have it and have no plans on getting it either
Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:34 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I'm vodafone but to be honest they are all the same anyhow give or take on a prepaid sim.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Definitely get your phones unlocked as if they are locked they will be locked to Vodafone UK so a Vodafone Australia SIM won't work.

We started with a Vodafone PAYG as it was easy for me to buy off ebay so I had a phone number to give to our parents before leaving the UK. In the end we went with Telstra for our mobile contract as for $20 a month we are able to make as many 3 minutes calls to each other as we want without being charged extra and we also get $20 of calls included.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:48 am
Dan&Bex

danbex85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kbdb
Hi

Cheers

KAREN
One of my mates works for Telstra and he agrees with me that Vodafone have better deals than telstra but I think Optus is supposed to be offerering some even better deals than Vodafone at the moment.