Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Vodafone bill and credit record

Vodafone bill and credit record

Old Feb 19th 2012, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

MAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to all
Default Vodafone bill and credit record

Hi all,

Few months ago I subscribed one of those pocket wifi with vodafone... Crappy service, not happy at all, and I cancelled the service after two supposed "free extra months" offered in the retention team.

Once I cancelled the service, I was instructed to return the device through a return box that I never received. after calling a thousand of times to get the box, I went to one store to return the device.

I have been receiving every month a big bill that I should't pay.. I call them over and over again to explain my situation and every time they say that the problem is sorted, that I owe nothing, until I receive the same bill the next month.

Don't know what to do, I am desperate with this and mortified that this may affect my credit record (which I don't have)... and I don't want to pay a bill that I don't owe.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Last edited by MAR001; Feb 19th 2012 at 12:19 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vodafone bill and credit record

Been there, done that, have the T-Shirt.

Lodge a complaint to the Telecommunications Ombudsman, the problem will be solved and anything on your credit report will be fixed/removed.

Here is the Ombudsman website where you can make the complaint:

http://www.tio.com.au/

Here is the place that you can obtain a copy of your credit report (you have a vodafone contract then you already have a credit report):

www.mycreditfile.com.au/

Good Luck
Old Feb 20th 2012, 12:25 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

We complained to the Ombudsman about shoddy service from Vodafone including misinformation, overcharging, lies and all sorts. Vodafone had kept making promises which they never kept. Anyway, after making the complaint all was sorted within 10 days. I definitely recommend getting onto the ombudsman as Vodafone have had plenty of opportunity to rectify the situation for you and clearly havent done anything.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

MAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to all

Spent a really bad night with this.. Called this morning to sort the problem out through Vodafone..
The same.. That I owe nothing, etc etc..
...FOR MY SURPRISE, I DID RECEIVE A TEXT FROM VODAFONE CHASING ME UP TO PAY THE BILL..!!!!
Old Feb 20th 2012, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

NEVER NEVER EVER GO WITH VODAFONE..!!!
Old Feb 20th 2012, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute

So simple, contact the ombudsman as advised above.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

By chance.. I applied from London for a position in Vodafone and I has the contact of the Marketing Director who took my case immediately. I was called from a kind lady (here in Sydney) and she confirmed me that the problem was sorted out with a confirmation email and a direct contact number.

I also made the complaint online with the ombudsman and checked my credit record (waiting) to confirm that everything is fine.