Viti - Culture?

Old Nov 11th 2003, 4:00 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Viti - Culture?

One for the winos

Now, 3 purposes to this thread.

A) Using the poll.....who do you (honestly) think makes the best wine. Don't be bias towards the country you're moving to!!

B) To find out everyones favorite wine. (I love wine, keen to kind out what others recommend.)

C) To find out how much it costs down under. If anyone already there can comment on the price of the plonk please? I seem to remember it being more expensive out there.

So.... My answers to A and B.

A) Australia. Sorry....but they do !

B) Rosemount Estate (Coonawarra) Cabernet Sauvignon. Mainly as i love a strong red, but also because i've picked grapes there

Cheers

Pete.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 4:03 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Oops...forgot the Poll.

Just say whos the donkeys doodabs when it comes to wine making.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 4:11 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Like it all except french .... south african red is very drinkable
Old Nov 11th 2003, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Lavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really nice
Default Re: Viti - Culture?

Sorry, I don't drink much wine, so I really can't judge on that.

But while we're at it - only a little bit off-topic - can anyone recommend a nice Australian sherry in Australia, preferrably dry?

Lavinia
Old Nov 11th 2003, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PeteY
One for the winos

A) Using the poll.....who do you (honestly) think makes the best wine. Don't be bias towards the country you're moving to!!

B) To find out everyones favorite wine. (I love wine, keen to kind out what others recommend.)

C) To find out how much it costs down under. If anyone already there can comment on the price of the plonk please? I seem to remember it being more expensive out there.

B) Rosemount Estate (Coonawarra) Cabernet Sauvignon. Mainly as i love a strong red, but also because i've picked grapes there

Cheers

Pete.
Good idea for a post Pete

If this gets half as many replies as seen in the great washing machine debate I'll be chuffed.

I'm a novice red wine drinker (always previously gone for a beer) so I'm not able to recommend anything just yet. To be honest though whenever young lass picks up a bottle of red more often than not it's Australian.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Barbara 2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

One for the winos

Pete.

I think the wine was cheaper out there. Mind you that was 7years ago , and we did tend to drink it out of the cheap casks!
Can't remember if it was any good- gave some hectic hangovers though!
Ever played the 100 club?
Dangerous!!!!!!!
Old Nov 11th 2003, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

migrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the rough

When it comes to red wine (what other wine is there? White is just about drinkable but why bother when you can have red?).......

Californian wine is the pinnacle of quality wine producers, closely followed by Australian.

IMHO
Old Nov 11th 2003, 6:23 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

I spent quite a bit of time near McClaren Vale in SA and, having raided many a cellar there, I can recommend the wine from that region. Mind you, most of my experience of Aussie wine comes from the cheap casks that work out at around a pound a litre. Not the world's best wine but when you're backpacking and running out of money it makes hostel life very entertaining.

In the times when I do have some spare cash I'm a fan of Spanish wines particuarly Rioja. Think the French stuff is over rated but that might be connected to my deep rooted antipathy towards the frog eaters.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 7:15 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

I do like oz wine, but to show Im not biased I would say Chilean or Hungarian (whites) are excellent.
But I like chardonnay from almost anywhere....speshly Oz!

sue
Old Nov 11th 2003, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

One for the winos

Cheers

et

Pete.

Lindemans: Cawarra - Shiraz Cabernet
Rosemount Estate - shiraz
I also love Oxford Landing which I think is Penfolds and Koonunga Hill. Delicious.
Not keen on white wines - will only drink them if there really is nothing else......shame
I will usually pay £4- £5 for a bottle of wine, but Sainsburys has Cawarra on offer at the moment!!
Old Nov 11th 2003, 7:52 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Has to be a toss-up between Australia, of course and California,(but only because I love Ernst and Julio Gallo, except the turning leaf range....URGHHHHH!!!)
Old Nov 11th 2003, 7:57 pm
WBB

i just love wine and my fav has to be lambrini.

£2.50 for a bottle big enough to sink a battleship and it does the job.
Attached Thumbnails Viti - Culture?-lambrini.gif  

Old Nov 11th 2003, 8:05 pm
A Male Member

Originally posted by rumbletum
I will usually pay £4- £5 for a bottle of wine, but Sainsburys has Cawarra on offer at the moment!!
I've discovered that offer too

Keeps me going in between booze runs to France! Anyone been to that Tescos in the Cite de Europe (Calais)? A supermarket, supermarket size, which sells only beer and wine (and spirits for those hardy few). Great stuff.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 8:41 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by welshboybilly
i just love wine and my fav has to be lambrini.

£2.50 for a bottle big enough to sink a battleship and it does the job.
You're joking surely, thats not wine its perry yyuuukkk!!!
Old Nov 11th 2003, 8:43 pm
WBB

Originally posted by sky
You're joking surely, thats not wine its perry yyuuukkk!!!

of course....i should of added the

although i stand by my earlier comments that it does do the job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.