Reload this Page >

Visitor Visa Question

Visitor Visa Question

Old Jun 10th 2006, 10:22 am
Thinking of returning

mattyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visitor Visa Question

Hi all

Can anybody who can help me with this question. We are planning to return to aus this year and the mother in law wants to come with us (mother in law = baby sitter before you all wade in). She knows that she cant get a retirment visa and is enquiring about a visitor visa as she would like to come for 12months if possible. What are the types of visa she can get and for what periods do they last??
We have had a look on dima web site but its like reading the divinci code!!!

I know there are 3month visa's and 6month ones. Is there a 12month one available and how would she go about getting one.
Do the visa's come with a validate by date on or are they valid from the date that you enter aus from. And when the visa's run out is it possible to get another from within aus before it runs out or from uk after it has run out, and what is the time period between one running out and obtaining another.

Last bit honest, how soon would she need to apply before she was planning to travel.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated as "the mother in law" is starting to nag me now.

Thanks a lot
Matty D
Old Jun 10th 2006, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Toppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Visitor Visa Question

Originally Posted by mattyd
Hi all

Can anybody who can help me with this question. We are planning to return to aus this year and the mother in law wants to come with us (mother in law = baby sitter before you all wade in). She knows that she cant get a retirment visa and is enquiring about a visitor visa as she would like to come for 12months if possible. What are the types of visa she can get and for what periods do they last??

I know there are 3month visa's and 6month ones. Is there a 12month one available and how would she go about getting one.
Do the visa's come with a validate by date on or are they valid from the date that you enter aus from. And when the visa's run out is it possible to get another from within aus before it runs out or from uk after it has run out, and what is the time period between one running out and obtaining another.

Last bit honest, how soon would she need to apply before she was planning to travel.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated as "the mother in law" is starting to nag me now.

Thanks a lot
Matty D
You can get all the info you need from this website:

www.dimia.gov.au

Have a great trip
Old Jun 10th 2006, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Thanks a lot
Matty D

Hi Matty,

Sponsored Family Visitor visa (subclass 679)
This visa provides for a standard period of stay of up to three months, but a stay of up to 12 months may be granted in certain circumstances. To apply for this visa, you must be outside Australia and have an eligible sponsor.The sponsor must lodge the application at a State or Territory office within Australia on your behalf

source

Fact sheet

Applying for a 679 Visa

Sorry can't offer much more help than that as I haven't ever applied for one.
Old Jun 10th 2006, 10:51 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Visitor Visa Question

Have a good look through the attached documents. I haven't got personal experience of completing them though, so please don't ask me any questions about them! However I have been informed that these are the ones you need.

Cheers

Buzzy
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
48r[2].pdf (127.2 KB, 84 views)
credit_card[2].pdf (32.4 KB, 133 views)
medical_cert[2].pdf (25.3 KB, 582 views)
MigrationRegs1994vol4WD02.pdf (1.11 MB, 140 views)
vv_checklist[2].pdf (29.4 KB, 603 views)
Old Jun 10th 2006, 3:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

One thing to remember is that DIMA view this as a tourist visa, not as a way of getting residence in Australia. Tread carefully, and I would suggest you consult an agent.
Old Jun 10th 2006, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
One thing to remember is that DIMA view this as a tourist visa, not as a way of getting residence in Australia. Tread carefully, and I would suggest you consult an agent.
Very good point Pollyana, DIMA take a very dim veiw of people trying to get PR on a tourist visa.
Old Jun 11th 2006, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

Hi all

Thanks a lot
Matty D

My in laws came out and spent 11 months here before going back, they could have spent 12months then had a visit to New Zealand before coming to OZ again for another 12 months and that visa had a 5 year life span, I am not sure of all details or how to apply but I know we were not asked to sponsor them. They are over here again at the moment, I will ask father in law about it and let you know.