Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visiting UK, what's cheap?

Visiting UK, what's cheap?

Old Nov 16th 2010, 3:38 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visiting UK, what's cheap?

Go on Screwfix.com and get loads of decent hardware/tools/fittings at great prices. I notice that they now have local pick-up depots - which means you can get your stuff even quicker.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

BRIGHTONS is an unknown quantity at this point

its really cold over here at the minute so bring something warm with you. if your here just after Christmas you'll be able to go to the next sale most things 50% off. full your boots
Old Nov 18th 2010, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

kips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by freebo
OK, so I know I can't bring back a car or house when we go back to the UK to see friends & family over Christmas. We're certainly planning to return with quality clothes and shoes but any other suggestions on how to take advantage of the currently favorable exchange rate?
Books. A lot cheaper than Oz. I'd come back with lot of cook books.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kips
Books. A lot cheaper than Oz. I'd come back with lot of cook books.
www.bookdepository.com.au

save your 20kg
Old Nov 18th 2010, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hebe
Was back in Europe in September and bought the usual shoes, clothes etc but also bought wallpaper (40 pounds a roll instead of $250 here), le crueset pan and some other home wares.

Happy shopping
Can I ask how you got the wallpaper back? I was thinking of doing the same thing

Originally Posted by BRIGHTONS
its really cold over here at the minute so bring something warm with you. if your here just after Christmas you'll be able to go to the next sale most things 50% off. full your boots
It's freezing here! I had to buy another coat yesterday! Now wearing two when I go out anywhere!
Old Nov 18th 2010, 7:47 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freebo
OK, so I know I can't bring back a car or house when we go back to the UK to see friends & family over Christmas. We're certainly planning to return with quality clothes and shoes but any other suggestions on how to take advantage of the currently favorable exchange rate?
The young women look especially cheap
Old Nov 18th 2010, 11:33 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Don't laugh, was back in the UK 4 weeks ago and bought all my curtains for the house at TJ's, a few books, and a kettle, yep I couldn't resist a seven colour change stainless steel kettle for the kitchen!
All in all 27kg of shopping went in one case. Our hand bagage was so heavy it was ridiculous but in bags small enough that no one bothered to weigh them.

We found it fairly cheap while over but oddly enough I wasn't impressed with the quality of clothing. Which I thought I would be spending heaps on and spent nothing on.

Pub food is so cheap, can I get a 'hungry horse' pub over here please. £2.59 was the cheapest carvery found in Parkgate. Saying that I was there 3 weeks and put on around 6 kilos.

Jenny
Old Nov 18th 2010, 11:49 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
The young women look especially cheap
White trash girls are the best.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 5:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Everything in the 'Pound ($1.62) Shop' . . .