Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visiting Melbourne & Brisbane, We need some help!

Visiting Melbourne & Brisbane, We need some help!

Old Apr 11th 2008, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

holmanj is just really niceholmanj is just really niceholmanj is just really niceholmanj is just really niceholmanj is just really niceholmanj is just really niceholmanj is just really niceholmanj is just really nice
Question Visiting Melbourne & Brisbane, We need some help!

Hi,
Were going to be over to check out Melbourne and Brisbane early part of 2009. Were wondering (obviously) where would be a good base respectively, will be over for a month and hope to narrow our search with the trip. Possibly going to look for work while there so any good agencies for Me (plumber) and my wife (accountant).

To be honest any advice would be appreciated as the hole thing is a bit bewildering.

Cheers in advance

Marc and Jacqui
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

viksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Visiting Melbourne & Brisbane, We need some help!

Originally Posted by holmanj
Hi,
Were going to be over to check out Melbourne and Brisbane early part of 2009. Were wondering (obviously) where would be a good base respectively, will be over for a month and hope to narrow our search with the trip. Possibly going to look for work while there so any good agencies for Me (plumber) and my wife (accountant).

To be honest any advice would be appreciated as the hole thing is a bit bewildering.

Cheers in advance

Marc and Jacqui
First of all, i would like to welcome you to british expats

have you been to Oz before?
If not, then i would check other areas too like perth or adelaide,

Were hoping to move to perth july 2009, we think its the right place because it's quiet, got a good climate and we found that it was the cleaniest and msot frendliest place on our visit to Oz.

Plus your going for a month which gives you plenty of time to go on a tour of Oz

If you dont fancy a tour of oz, the when your in MEL and BRIS, just rent a car, look around the areas which seem nice and fit your ideal life, then look for any houses and walk in, most of the houses of sale in Oz have open days so you simply pull up and walk into the house

Hope this helps
Vik
Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:46 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Cheers in advance

Marc and Jacqui

hi there these links may be of use regarding your occupations

plumber
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=119

accountant
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87

welcome to BE guys

regards steve
Old Apr 11th 2008, 10:43 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Cheers in advance

Marc and Jacqui
Have a chat with Buzzy Bee who did a smiliar reccie ie Brisbane and Melbourne. When you are in Melbourne let us all know so we can catch up and give you heads up on Melbourne.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 8:44 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Have a chat with Buzzy Bee who did a smiliar reccie ie Brisbane and Melbourne. When you are in Melbourne let us all know so we can catch up and give you heads up on Melbourne.
Morning............

Link to my Brisbane reccie - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412993

Link to my Melbourne reccie - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=413388

Buzzy
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:00 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Morning............
oh my head hurts