Reload this Page >

Visit first or not?

Wikiposts

Visit first or not?

Old Apr 28th 2005, 10:43 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Visit first or not?

Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit
I Was Thinking The Same Thing, It Is A Talent And This Has Just Took Me Ages To Type. How Do You Do It?
Use Microsoft Word. Type Everything In. Select All. Change Case To Title Case. Cut. Paste.

Cheers
Alistair
PS: We came without having been before. As people say it takes a while to get to know a place. Allow time when you first arrive to do all the stuff you should have done on the reccie (e.g. travel to preferred suburbs, look for somewhere to live, etc...)
Old Apr 28th 2005, 10:44 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Julie,

Me, Da Boss and 2 teenage sons had never been to a hot country before, never had a holiday and hardly travelled outside of Cornwall. Country bumpkins you could say.

We jumped straight over here to the tropics into daily temps of up to 34 degrees and high humidity. We have coped, and are coping. You do acclimatise quite quickly and in fact are feeling the chill in the evenings now even though it's about 25 deg most nights.

My opinion is you would not gain enough from a holiday to judge the true feel of a place. The mindset is holiday and you are only seeing the place for a very short period of time so may just see good or conversely may just see bad when that is not at all what it is like.

Just pick your place through research and word of mouth advice and go for it. When you get there rent for as long as it takes for you to suss out exactly where in the district you want to live. That is very important in my view.

Come open minded and open hearted. Give Aus the chance to flow and she will repay you. Research, but don't come with preconceived ideas as to what it will be like.

I know a lot of people are horrified at the thought of emigrating right into the unknown and I respect their view.

I am just saying it worked for us and has worked for others.
Your success or failure will be more reliant on your own attitude and frame of mind more than anything else.

Good luck to you both.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

moomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura about

i am a fly by the seat of my pants type of gal, so i would be up for just going out there following a period of travelling.

however hubby is more cautious and so our plans have changed to reflect a validation trip at christmas if we are sucessful.

i guess with two children one of us needs to be responsible : )

but have to say, it is only really their wellbeing that has brought that about, sure if it was just us two we would be more inclined to just go.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:00 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Moomin,

Long time no talkie.

If I remember correctly your hubby was a plasterer ?
Maybe he should change that and get plastered.

No, seriously I understand where he is coming from.
I don't agree, but I do understand
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

moomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura about

thats some memory you have bix!!

last time we spoke you were in blighty - glad things are progressing well for you : )

i am busy 'grooming' hubby into my way of thinking, so the validation trip situation could change again yet ; )
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Just like you we too are heading into the unknown.

Not having been there before, we also see it as an adventure, and looking forward to arriving in Brisbane to have a go at it.

You only live once and we may as well do something with our lives rather than carry on in a familar rut forever more.

Good luck to you.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:18 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by moomin
thats some memory you have bix!!

last time we spoke you were in blighty - glad things are progressing well for you : )

i am busy 'grooming' hubby into my way of thinking, so the validation trip situation could change again yet ; )
Yeah it was a long time ago.
I got one like an elephant at times - cept I'm a cat
Got to try my luck one more time with your name.
I think you are 6 letters and can't get any bigger as it were ?
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

now i am impressed!

either you have a spectacular memory, are a whiz with the search facility or are really anal and keep all your old mails ; )

maxine!!
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

We have never been to Aus, I don't think I could get a realistic view on a holiday. Even if you have done the holiday before making the move does not guarantee that you will like living there.

One life, once chance, go for it !
Theresa
Old Apr 29th 2005, 1:10 am
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paula elliott
I'M AN EXPERT AT IT AS YOU SAID. I DO GIVE LESSONS, BUT THEY ARE VERY EXPENSIVE. AND NO MATTER HOW MANY LESSONS A PERSON HAS THEY WILL NEVER BE AS GOOD AT IT AS ME.
ORRRRRR, NEVER MIND. I COULDNT AFFORD THEM ANYWAY WITH YOUR PRICES
Old Apr 29th 2005, 1:25 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Visit first or not?

ORRRRRR, NEVER MIND. I COULDNT AFFORD THEM ANYWAY WITH YOUR PRICES
Never mind be able to afford the lessons, why on earth would anyone want to type like this?

Just my opinion but it looks terrible!

R.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 1:28 am
Bix
da Bonehead

now i am impressed!

either you have a spectacular memory, are a whiz with the search facility or are really anal and keep all your old mails ; )

maxine!!
No, didn't need any tricks....just the 'ol brainpower.
I have had a bit of a reputation over the years for holding useless bits of information
I mean, remembering your hubbies line of work and your name won't get me anywhere will it ?
If only I could have applied this talent better
Old Apr 29th 2005, 1:31 am
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Hey Julie,

Me, Da Boss and 2 teenage sons had never been to a hot country before, never had a holiday and hardly travelled outside of Cornwall. Country bumpkins you could say.

We jumped straight over here to the tropics into daily temps of up to 34 degrees and high humidity. We have coped, and are coping. You do acclimatise quite quickly and in fact are feeling the chill in the evenings now even though it's about 25 deg most nights.

My opinion is you would not gain enough from a holiday to judge the true feel of a place. The mindset is holiday and you are only seeing the place for a very short period of time so may just see good or conversely may just see bad when that is not at all what it is like.

Just pick your place through research and word of mouth advice and go for it. When you get there rent for as long as it takes for you to suss out exactly where in the district you want to live. That is very important in my view.

Come open minded and open hearted. Give Aus the chance to flow and she will repay you. Research, but don't come with preconceived ideas as to what it will be like.

I know a lot of people are horrified at the thought of emigrating right into the unknown and I respect their view.

I am just saying it worked for us and has worked for others.
Your success or failure will be more reliant on your own attitude and frame of mind more than anything else.

Good luck to you both.
Hi, thanks for your reply, a few people have said that I wont get a real feel for the place if I go for 2 weeks. It is good to hear from people who have gone to Oz without ever visiting before and we are not alone. We have friends who live in the area we are going to so at least we have a couple of friendly faces when we get there
Old Apr 29th 2005, 1:34 am
crazy, sexy,cool member

i am a fly by the seat of my pants type of gal, so i would be up for just going out there following a period of travelling.

however hubby is more cautious and so our plans have changed to reflect a validation trip at christmas if we are sucessful.

i guess with two children one of us needs to be responsible : )

but have to say, it is only really their wellbeing that has brought that about, sure if it was just us two we would be more inclined to just go.

Hi Moomin, I think you are a lot braver than me. I am a play it safe kinda girl who doesnt take many chances. I wish I were more daring though . We have no children so it should be a lot easier for us but I am still scared :scared:
Julie
Old Apr 29th 2005, 1:38 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Visit first or not?

We have no children so it should be a lot easier for us but I am still scared :scared:
Julie
We have three if you'd like to borrow one. I am sure the wife won't mind ! ! !

R.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.