Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visas - what to do

Visas - what to do

Old Aug 17th 2006, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

Sprucie is a name known to allSprucie is a name known to allSprucie is a name known to allSprucie is a name known to allSprucie is a name known to allSprucie is a name known to allSprucie is a name known to allSprucie is a name known to allSprucie is a name known to allSprucie is a name known to allSprucie is a name known to all
Default Visas - what to do

Hi

I'm new to the site but thought you may be able to help me.

My husband and I want to emigrate to Melbourne early next year. My current employer has said that they would employ me on a freelance basis when i'm over there. We haven't applied for a visa because we assumed we would apply for a sponsored visa through my company. I've since spoken to our HR department and they said that i would have to apply for a visa before they can offer me work.

Looking at the visa options a Skilled Independent is what we would have to apply for but this takes up to a year! We have our house on the market and were hoping to go Jan.Feb 2007.

So my question is - is it possible to apply now for PR and then apply for a WHV and be in Australia working on that whilst we wait for the result of the PR?

Hope you can help

Spruciex