Reload this Page >

Visas for Graphic Pre Press

Visas for Graphic Pre Press

Old Oct 16th 2005, 7:53 am
jo1
Forum Regular

jo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visas for Graphic Pre Press

Hello, sorry I am quite new to all this so please forgive my ignorance!
My Hubby is in the Graphic Pre Press trade and as far as we are aware we can only apply under the SIR visa. Obviously a Permanent visa would be more appealing so I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on any other visas available?
We were hoping to go to adelaide and although his trade is on the SOL list it isn't on the occupations in demand list so we can't get state sponsorship there.
Do any of the other states sponsor this job or would he need to be sponsored by an employer?
How hard is it to get an employer sponsorship? Melbourne looks like the most likely place for this.
Also, On the SIR Visa how much paperwork is involved in making this a permanent visa after 2 years?
Sorry about all the q's, i'm trying to work out how to go and whether to use an agent.
Thanks in advance.
Jo.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 8:30 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Visas for Graphic Pre Press

My hubbie got 60 points for his tra graphics pre press trades..... we moved to briz on a Perm Res Skilled Ind.136 visa..... He worked for Royal Doulton for 16 yrs as a repro colour sep artist.....

finding work in this field is ok..... but the pay is naff to be honest....so he no longer does graphics 12 months down the line.... Possibly Melb or Sydney would be better for this kinda trade we have begun to think...... just that when we applied there was a shortfall of jobs in briz hence we came here.... plus we wanted the better weather....

boomie
x

Originally Posted by jo1
Hello, sorry I am quite new to all this so please forgive my ignorance!
My Hubby is in the Graphic Pre Press trade and as far as we are aware we can only apply under the SIR visa. Obviously a Permanent visa would be more appealing so I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on any other visas available?
We were hoping to go to adelaide and although his trade is on the SOL list it isn't on the occupations in demand list so we can't get state sponsorship there.
Do any of the other states sponsor this job or would he need to be sponsored by an employer?
How hard is it to get an employer sponsorship? Melbourne looks like the most likely place for this.
Also, On the SIR Visa how much paperwork is involved in making this a permanent visa after 2 years?
Sorry about all the q's, i'm trying to work out how to go and whether to use an agent.
Thanks in advance.
Jo.