Visas granted!

Old Oct 21st 2003, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

The GoodbyeGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visas granted!

Writing from Calgary, Canada to advise that our visas were granted today!! After we received positive results from TRA last year, we sent in the application (Skilled Independent-Family Sponsored) on July 16th, 2002. Our meds and PCC's were requested in May 2003. We had already applied for our PCC's ahead of time in March 2003, as we expected a bit of a wait for these. It took 3 months for the Canadian PCC's and 5 months for the South African PCC's to be sent to us!! Our meds were completed and sent on June 18th, 2003. Our Canadian PCC's were sent on July 10th, 2003, and our SA PCC's were sent on September 8th, 2003.
The assurance of support bond request letter was dated Oct 7th, 2003, and our assurers lodged the bond on Oct 14th. I sent an e-mail last night to advise our case officer that our assurers had lodged the bond, and when I opened my e-mail this morning he had sent a reply to advise that our visas were granted today, and that our formal letter would be sent via mail.
So now, we have to complete reno's on our house and sell. We hope to be in Brisbane by March 2004!!! Cannot believe that this is the last extreme winter that we will have to endure!!
Old Oct 21st 2003, 1:31 pm
arg
Forum Regular

arg is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats..

brilliant feeling isn't it?
Old Oct 21st 2003, 1:54 pm
WBB

congratulations

bet you are smiling from ear to ear

hope all goes smoothly for you with the sale of your house and then enjoy your new life

Old Oct 21st 2003, 2:00 pm
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice
Default Re: Visas granted!

Originally posted by The GoodbyeGirl
Writing from Calgary, Canada to advise that our visas were granted today!! After we received positive results from TRA last year, we sent in the application (Skilled Independent-Family Sponsored) on July 16th, 2002. Our meds and PCC's were requested in May 2003. We had already applied for our PCC's ahead of time in March 2003, as we expected a bit of a wait for these. It took 3 months for the Canadian PCC's and 5 months for the South African PCC's to be sent to us!! Our meds were completed and sent on June 18th, 2003. Our Canadian PCC's were sent on July 10th, 2003, and our SA PCC's were sent on September 8th, 2003.
The assurance of support bond request letter was dated Oct 7th, 2003, and our assurers lodged the bond on Oct 14th. I sent an e-mail last night to advise our case officer that our assurers had lodged the bond, and when I opened my e-mail this morning he had sent a reply to advise that our visas were granted today, and that our formal letter would be sent via mail.
So now, we have to complete reno's on our house and sell. We hope to be in Brisbane by March 2004!!! Cannot believe that this is the last extreme winter that we will have to endure!!

I know it is not the same but this will be my last cold winter here in the UK..HOOORAHHH.
Enjoy the feeling, we too will be in Brisbane April 2004.
Old Oct 21st 2003, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations - enjoy your celebrations.

Nicholls clan - know just how you feel as this will be our last winter in the UK. I never was much good with the cold and its been bloomin brass monkeys today

Claire
Old Oct 21st 2003, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

natalie is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!

It's the best feeling in the world isn't it?

Good Luck with everything

Natalie
Old Oct 21st 2003, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Vanou is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!
Feeling a bit envious as we live in Montreal and were suposed to get out of here before the b****y winter. But then, they lost our medicals, so we lost a few months in the application process and we're still stuck here, waiting...
Very happy for you though. Well done!
Went to Calgary last year and found the people even nicer than over here!
Good luck with everything.
Vanessa
Old Oct 21st 2003, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Well done - enjoy the feeling.

Old Oct 21st 2003, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Great news on the visas!

I know what you mean about the winters, one thing that put me right off Canada was the cold weather!

It feels freezing here at the moment, but I can only imagine what is will be like for you.
Old Oct 21st 2003, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

The GoodbyeGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Vanou
Congratulations!
Feeling a bit envious as we live in Montreal and were suposed to get out of here before the b****y winter. But then, they lost our medicals, so we lost a few months in the application process and we're still stuck here, waiting...
Very happy for you though. Well done!
Went to Calgary last year and found the people even nicer than over here!
Good luck with everything.
Vanessa
Thanks for all the well wishes,

Vanou,
It's good to speak with someone who understands the meaning of cold!! Calgary is a lovely city and the people are teriffic!!! Summer is reasonably nice here, but it only lasts about 3 months! Good luck to you with the application process!
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

congratulations,lovely feeling isnt it.We got ours last week,still cant truely believe it.
donna
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 10:18 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats and good luck with the reno's and moving