Reload this Page >

Visa's in the bag...now its decision time

Visa's in the bag...now its decision time

Old Aug 19th 2004, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

BallBoy will become famous soon enough
Default Visa's in the bag...now its decision time

Hi all,

After a year of waiting i've finally got my 136 skilled visa.
I applied last September so the current predictions of 50 weeks processing times are spot on.

I am hoping to go out to Oz early next year to validate my visa, which is a good excuse for a holiday.

I don't think I'll seriously consider permenantly going over there until the back end of 2005.
I must admit when I think about it getting the visa was the easy part. I feel daunted at the prospect of upping sticks and moving such a distance. But I'm sure everyone goes through that.
I've visited Oz 3 times before so I have a good feel for the country.
I still don't know where I would settle, in a perfect world I'd like to be up on the Sunshine Coast, but work dictates Sydney or Melbourne, i work in the printing industry.

I haven't really posted much on this forum before but hopefully some of you will be able to advise me on the many questions I'm sure to have in the future. You never know I might be able to answer some of yours.

All the best
Tim
Old Aug 19th 2004, 10:17 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa's in the bag...now its decision time

Congratulations mate. Good onya.

Welcome to the forum.

Paul.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 10:21 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BallBoy
Hi all,

After a year of waiting i've finally got my 136 skilled visa.
I applied last September so the current predictions of 50 weeks processing times are spot on.

I am hoping to go out to Oz early next year to validate my visa, which is a good excuse for a holiday.

I don't think I'll seriously consider permenantly going over there until the back end of 2005.
I must admit when I think about it getting the visa was the easy part. I feel daunted at the prospect of upping sticks and moving such a distance. But I'm sure everyone goes through that.
I've visited Oz 3 times before so I have a good feel for the country.
I still don't know where I would settle, in a perfect world I'd like to be up on the Sunshine Coast, but work dictates Sydney or Melbourne, i work in the printing industry.

I haven't really posted much on this forum before but hopefully some of you will be able to advise me on the many questions I'm sure to have in the future. You never know I might be able to answer some of yours.

All the best
Tim

Good job on the visa....

I got a friend that works in the printing industry in Sydney....if there is any way I can help, lemme know

Hels
Old Aug 19th 2004, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

BallBoy will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the kind words.

Are there any practical things i will be able to do when i go to validate my visa?
I wont have a permenant address yet, so tax file number applications, etc will have to wait till I do so.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 10:52 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BallBoy
Thanks for the kind words.

Are there any practical things i will be able to do when i go to validate my visa?
I wont have a permenant address yet, so tax file number applications, etc will have to wait till I do so.

Hmmm...I'm probably not the best person to answer that question as I am an Aussie and already have everything in place when I go back....I have tried to think of anything, but most things you will need an address for...

I am sure there are folks on here that will give you some great ideas on what you can get done on your validation trip....

Good luck

Hels