Visa's

Old Jun 8th 2003, 11:04 am
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough
Default Visa's

Are Visa's stamped into each family members passport, or just the main applicant. I ask this as my wife is the main applicant, but 3 of our 4 children remain in my passport, they are named with DOB only. I am going to re-new before we go as it runs out in March 04, we are hoping to go (if accepted) in October/ November. The problem with re-newing now is that we need it throughout the summer as we will be travelling around europe for a final look around before we go.
We expect to have our Visa granted in July/ August all being well.

Applied 15th April 03
Medicals on 16th May 03

Slater
Old Jun 8th 2003, 11:17 am
Beyond Redemption

Snitzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa's

Hi
There shouldn't be a problem at all ( although not sure about the kids ! ) My wife was the main applicant on ours and we both renewed our passposts between sending off the applicantion with the old passport copies in and going to the AHC and getting the PR visas. My wife even changed her name in hers by marrying me and I just took our wedding cert. - no problems.
Regards
S

Applied Sept 2001
Granted Mar 2003
" Things don't seem to take so long these days !!! "
Old Jun 8th 2003, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Poppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nice

I was told that each child has to have their own passport for the visas, so I think you will need to renew - I've just done it. It works out expensive, but you can pay an extra £5 for each at the post office and they check it all for you and guarantee it back quicker. Ours came back in about 10 days.

Good luck!
Old Jun 8th 2003, 1:03 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Visa's

Originally posted by Slater
Are Visa's stamped into each family members passport, or just the main applicant. I ask this as my wife is the main applicant, but 3 of our 4 children remain in my passport, they are named with DOB only. I am going to re-new before we go as it runs out in March 04, we are hoping to go (if accepted) in October/ November. The problem with re-newing now is that we need it throughout the summer as we will be travelling around europe for a final look around before we go.
We expect to have our Visa granted in July/ August all being well.

Applied 15th April 03
Medicals on 16th May 03

Slater
Hiya .....I was in the same position all five of my children were on my passport.

I have renewed mine and all five children have now got their own. £33 pounds for mine and £19 for the children (children under 16).

We did not use the post office check facility......we sent them on the 13th May and the were issued on the 20th May - we had them back the following day.

Dont forget the children's passport applications will need someone to countersign them - saying that they know you/adult making the application if child/children are under 16 years.

plus dont forget to enclose original birth certs. with application

kind regards

Lisa
XX
Old Jun 8th 2003, 2:40 pm
Tej
Just Joined

Tej is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Myself and the family were in the same position we had enough time so we got the children their own.

We are now going to obtain our visa's on the new passports.

Does anyone non if we can do it by post with the letter we received, and how long will it take.

We want to avoid going down if possible.

Thanks