Reload this Page >

Visa Validation Trip need advice

Visa Validation Trip need advice

Old Nov 7th 2005, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

shaakq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Validation Trip need advice

Hi all

I have learned a lot from this forum and am thankfull to all... we are pllaning to make a validation trip in 2 weeks... I need ur help in answering the following questions

this is the inital plan
We will make the validation trip on for 10days... and maybe make permenent move in 2-3yrs...

should we apply for tax ID??? if we do can we apply the same day as we arrive or we we have to wait???do they give tax number same day as we apply???

should we open bank account ???move money to oz
apply for Drivers licence
any other important stuff that we should do while we are there...
oh and best VOIP phone company in OZ so i can bring the phone back with me and use it over internet back home...

If i cannot do most of the above stuff then i would rather go for a 2-3day trip instead of 10days...

Thanks
Old Nov 7th 2005, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Visa Validation Trip need advice

Originally Posted by shaakq
Hi all

I have learned a lot from this forum and am thankfull to all... we are pllaning to make a validation trip in 2 weeks... I need ur help in answering the following questions

this is the inital plan
We will make the validation trip on for 10days... and maybe make permenent move in 2-3yrs...

should we apply for tax ID??? if we do can we apply the same day as we arrive or we we have to wait???do they give tax number same day as we apply???

should we open bank account ???move money to oz
apply for Drivers licence
any other important stuff that we should do while we are there...
oh and best VOIP phone company in OZ so i can bring the phone back with me and use it over internet back home...

If i cannot do most of the above stuff then i would rather go for a 2-3day trip instead of 10days...

Thanks

We came over on hols and set the bank acc up, and then decided to apply it was good having the account open one less thing to do.

Not too sure on Tax number though, why are you not coming for another 2-3yrs that may help answer everything else.

Kim
Old Nov 7th 2005, 7:29 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

We opened bank accounts, got drivers licences, TFNs etc during a validation trip - but we DID have a postal address which was necessary. It happened to be a relative, but perhaps you know someone?

Getting all those things out of the way makes it a lot easier when you arrive!
Old Nov 7th 2005, 7:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If they are not moving properly for 2-3 years, is it a good idea to get the TFN? Won't they be expected to fill out a tax return each year? What would be the benefit? Curious.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 8:14 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

No, the TFN is just a number: the tax situation depends on one's tax residency. If an Oz citizen goes to work abroad for 10 years he won't be using the TFN, but when he returns he will just use the same one.