Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa Validation and frontloading police checks

Visa Validation and frontloading police checks

Old Oct 31st 2006, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Visa Validation and frontloading police checks

Hi,
Apologies if this is a tired and repeted subject...I have had a brief search in the archives for information on validation of visas when you frontload your police checks and Meds. One post said that the visa validation ran from 12 months of the date the police checks were dated for. Our problem is that we want to frontlaod to save time but we got our police checks done 5 months ago as we thought the process of getting job offers would be imminent. If we frontload with these checks then does this mean that if and when we get our visa we will only have until June to entger Australia and validate. Alternatively should we just get the police checks done again?
thanks in advance for any info..

Cheers
Old Oct 31st 2006, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Validation and frontloading police checks

It will be 12 months to validate from the police checks or health checks depending on which came first.You can only have 6 months to validate if you have a health problem. So if your police checks are 5 months old already and it takes another month or so for the visa to be granted, you could be looking at only a few months to validate. You don't have to move permanently when you validate however, it could just be a holdiay trip.

I would get the police checks done again if you hae a house to sell etc etc or if you are able and happy to make the trip on short notice then send them in and see what happens I didn't think frontloading was saving much time now anyway?
Old Oct 31st 2006, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Teliko21
It will be 12 months to validate from the police checks or health checks depending on which came first.You can only have 6 months to validate if you have a health problem. So if your police checks are 5 months old already and it takes another month or so for the visa to be granted, you could be looking at only a few months to validate. You don't have to move permanently when you validate however, it could just be a holdiay trip.

I would get the police checks done again if you hae a house to sell etc etc or if you are able and happy to make the trip on short notice then send them in and see what happens I didn't think frontloading was saving much time now anyway?

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply confirming waht we suspected. I think in our case frontloading may save time. We are going in on a sponsored 121 visa without the neccessity of skills assesment and were going to send in our application with the police checks and medicals at the same time as the sponsor..for the sake of 4 weeks and £10 we may as well get the police checks done again. There is one problem with that scenario though, we would need to send in ID and we are about to go away on holiday needing both our passport and drivers license... are there other documents you can use to prove your identity for police checks?

Cheers
Old Oct 31st 2006, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrispy
Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply confirming waht we suspected. I think in our case frontloading may save time. We are going in on a sponsored 121 visa without the neccessity of skills assesment and were going to send in our application with the police checks and medicals at the same time as the sponsor..for the sake of 4 weeks and £10 we may as well get the police checks done again. There is one problem with that scenario though, we would need to send in ID and we are about to go away on holiday needing both our passport and drivers license... are there other documents you can use to prove your identity for police checks?

Cheers
For my local police force, I only had to send a photocopy of my passport so afraid I can't be much help. Perhpas you could go into your local police station and apply over the counter? I think I have read that some people have done that, so the police officer at the front counter just takes a photocopy of your licence or whatever and gives it back.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 1:04 pm
Cobbalobs

grossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Teliko21
For my local police force, I only had to send a photocopy of my passport so afraid I can't be much help. Perhpas you could go into your local police station and apply over the counter? I think I have read that some people have done that, so the police officer at the front counter just takes a photocopy of your licence or whatever and gives it back.
I have recently reapplied for police checks and just nipped into local police station, took 2 mins with passport and D/license , £10 each lighter and can forget about it now for few weeks. Hope this helps and goodluck.
Fiona x