Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

visa validation date extended

visa validation date extended

Old Feb 15th 2003, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all
Default visa validation date extended

sent off medicals and police checks as requested for alan's spousal application dec 6th 02. we'd heard it would be approx six weeks turnaround. the letter came back last thurs feb 6th saying we'd been successful but the date to validate was by 08 july 03. (this is one year since police check carried out) we plan to leave for good in aug /sept so this would have meant an expensive break just when we'll be in the middle of house sale/packing etc. we really needed an extension. i sent an email to the lady named on the letter to oz house in london as getting through on the phone (only open one hour a day) was impossible and got a standard reply that same day saying most questions answered on the website etc. and if eligible for specific answer expect to hear in four working days. so... i started ring round for return flight prices and was under pressure to book malaysian as their sale has been extended but going fast, must be booked by feb 17th if anyone interested . the following afternoon i checked my emails only to find that we had our dreams answered and got a three month extension to validate, now oct 8th, so we are now happy as larry!
passport sent with covering letter recorded 10th feb with recorded sae. so will report back when received.
hope this may help someone.
karen (to be known as virginia when i get to goldcoast!)
Old Feb 15th 2003, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: visa validation date extended

That's really helpful of them, I wonder if ythey are as flexible for Skilled Independant (via Adelaide) as we could be in the same boat.

Mash...

Originally posted by karenvirginia
sent off medicals and police checks as requested for alan's spousal application dec 6th 02. we'd heard it would be approx six weeks turnaround. the letter came back last thurs feb 6th saying we'd been successful but the date to validate was by 08 july 03. (this is one year since police check carried out) we plan to leave for good in aug /sept so this would have meant an expensive break just when we'll be in the middle of house sale/packing etc. we really needed an extension. i sent an email to the lady named on the letter to oz house in london as getting through on the phone (only open one hour a day) was impossible and got a standard reply that same day saying most questions answered on the website etc. and if eligible for specific answer expect to hear in four working days. so... i started ring round for return flight prices and was under pressure to book malaysian as their sale has been extended but going fast, must be booked by feb 17th if anyone interested . the following afternoon i checked my emails only to find that we had our dreams answered and got a three month extension to validate, now oct 8th, so we are now happy as larry!
passport sent with covering letter recorded 10th feb with recorded sae. so will report back when received.
hope this may help someone.
karen (to be known as virginia when i get to goldcoast!)
Old Feb 15th 2003, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all

knew i'd seen it recently! the lady did say that three months was the max they'd extend and any more would require a new application (and fee)
karen