Reload this Page >

visa validation and child sponsorship

visa validation and child sponsorship

Old Nov 20th 2005, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

perceneige is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visa validation and child sponsorship

Hello all,
I have been an active listener for a while now and I am in search of your advice now.

My wife and me plan to validate our visas any time soon now, but there is something that concerns us and that is: we have just found that there is new team member on the way , my wife is pregnant and we do not know what to do right now. We plan to validate and come back to Canada and land again in 2-3 years in Australia, when we plan to stay.

Could there be a problem if we land and validate the visas and then come back to our actual location and have the baby in Canada and then apply for a sponsorship??
Is there any other way to obtain legal documents and visa for the baby except sponsorship…I ask that because we will sponsor the baby anyway taking in account he is going to be 2 years old when he will reach Australia.

Thank you all for your time.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 9:32 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: visa validation and child sponsorship

Originally Posted by perceneige
Hello all,
I have been an active listener for a while now and I am in search of your advice now.

My wife and me plan to validate our visas any time soon now, but there is something that concerns us and that is: we have just found that there is new team member on the way , my wife is pregnant and we do not know what to do right now. We plan to validate and come back to Canada and land again in 2-3 years in Australia, when we plan to stay.

Could there be a problem if we land and validate the visas and then come back to our actual location and have the baby in Canada and then apply for a sponsorship??
Is there any other way to obtain legal documents and visa for the baby except sponsorship…I ask that because we will sponsor the baby anyway taking in account he is going to be 2 years old when he will reach Australia.

Hiya perceneige,
I think sponsorship will be the route, unless you have the child in Oz.

Should be interesting, we are in the same boat and now have a daughter.

Bye
Mark
Old Nov 20th 2005, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by markeh
Hiya perceneige,
I think sponsorship will be the route, unless you have the child in Oz.

Should be interesting, we are in the same boat and now have a daughter.

Bye
Mark

Hey there,

I believe a lot of people are in this situation. I have been online onto immi.gouv.au and I have stepped over a few confusing information such as: you need to be in Australia to be eligible as a sponsor...

I have just forgot a quick one: are there any restrictions if you just do your validation and you have little physical presence in Australia??? What I mean is there any condition that you need to prove certain amount of time of physical presence into Australia before you do the sponsorship??
Old Nov 20th 2005, 11:06 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,

Download the Child Migration booklet:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/books_migrate.htm

The baby will have no status in Australia until a migration visa is granted for it. There will be a new form, new fee plus a medical for the baby.

You do not have to be 'usually resident' in Australia to sponsor for a child visa, however this rule could always change. If the baby has health problems, this could cause refusal of its application (even though child visas have a health waiver).

Why not have the child born in Australia? Children born in Australia to parents with permanent residence are automatically Australian citizens - no need for visas, sponsorship etc.

Jeremy
Old Nov 20th 2005, 11:06 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hey there,

I believe a lot of people are in this situation. I have been online onto immi.gouv.au and I have stepped over a few confusing information such as: you need to be in Australia to be eligible as a sponsor...

Not for a child visa.

Jeremy
Old Nov 21st 2005, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

The best and easy way is to give birth to the baby in Australia, but because of unfinished business we need to go back to Canada so I have to make the papers for the other side....
We have read the booklet 2 and it seems that there is no problem for the moment, until this might change.
Thank you for the answers.